turbo d16 z6 ef hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tunerboy09

i have a 90 ef hatch with a swaped d16 z6 in it and im wanting to go turbo but im not sure what parts im going to need and i dont want to spend the money on a full kit any recommendations?

i dont want to spend the money on a full kit any recommendations?

If you don't want to spend the money on a full turbo kit, don't even start.

Half or 3/4 of a turbo kit isn't going to do you any good. You need everything to work together for the project to really work.

Now, if you don't feel like spending money on a rev-hard kit or something close to that, I don't blame you. Your only other option is to piece together your own, and to do that you will need to do lots of research.

what i ment by i dont want to buy a full kit is a new name brand kit that would cost me a few grand im looking to spend less then 500 on it and piece it together my self

Less than 500? Thats a really tight budget for an FI setup, but it could be done.

Your research should start here:
Homemadeturbo.com

TONS of great articles in there on piecing together a junkyard FI setup.

Keep in mind, you better know some people in the industry. You will need to pull out some pretty good deals in order to piece together a reliable kit for that budget.

i have room on the 500 limit and have some friends on a team i race in that want it done that know people that can cut some pretty good deals. Does anyone know what used cars with stock FI have reliable turbos that boost up to around 5 to 7 psi?

Back