turbo d16y7.. breakup & intake pipe comes off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daGSRhatchNEPA

I love my Honda
okay..i have a 96 civic with a d16y7.

Q: For some reason my intake piping blows off or comes off while driving it?
* The Engine also starts to Break Up @ Full Throttle around 4,000 rpm?:(

* I already adjusted the timing 1 tooth back to retard but now i am out of ideas
i have never had this problem b4.??!!
Need Help ASAP. Thanks~lou

Hmm, CEL on?

How bout the tune?

And as far as the intake piping blowing off, sounds like you have it routed a little rough or you need some new couplers/clamps.

cel on?
THE car was tuned with a neptune chip. only thing i did since the last tune was change the head and gasket. the car is fine @ idle but then when your driving through the gears you have to almost feather the gas pedal... the car has a 255 welbro fuel pump and 550 cc injectors... im thinking it may be dumping fuel.../?? only thing i can think of is getting a fuel pressure regulator at this stage.. idk im so lost with this 1. it ran fine with the other head but now its just a headache... any buyers LOL.

so you changed the head, anything done to either head not done to the other head, like 5 angle, port and poslish. thicker head gasket? adjustable fprs are garabge

So, the pipe blows off.

Do you have a blow off valve?

As for breaking up at about 4k, have you had it tuned after the new head? Each head is unique.

A tune for one engine is only a basemap for another.

^ Werd. If all your parts besides the head are the same, and theyre in the same condition as they were on the last setup, then the problem is not coming from any mechanicle part, its coming from the ECU.

cel on?
THE car was tuned with a neptune chip. only thing i did since the last tune was change the head and gasket. the car is fine @ idle but then when your driving through the gears you have to almost feather the gas pedal... the car has a 255 welbro fuel pump and 550 cc injectors... im thinking it may be dumping fuel.../?? only thing i can think of is getting a fuel pressure regulator at this stage.. idk im so lost with this 1. it ran fine with the other head but now its just a headache... any buyers LOL.

Do you have a check engine light on? CEL stands for Check Engine Light :thumbsup:

If so, get the codes scanned immediately. Start with the simple stuff.

If no codes, I'd be pointing my finger at the tune at this point, provided everything else is done right. Have you checked for boost leaks? Whats your Air Fuel Ratio in boost? Out of boost?

Before you go and get an FPR, try getting a wideband o2 sensor. That way you can tell what is going on with the Air Fuel Ratio.

Do you have a check engine light on? CEL stands for Check Engine Light :thumbsup:

If so, get the codes scanned immediately. Start with the simple stuff.

If no codes, I'd be pointing my finger at the tune at this point, provided everything else is done right. Have you checked for boost leaks? Whats your Air Fuel Ratio in boost? Out of boost?

Before you go and get an FPR, try getting a wideband o2 sensor. That way you can tell what is going on with the Air Fuel Ratio.

:werd: Driving your car around while its running like it is is a great way to make a really big expensive paper weight. And if it was tuned, you swapped the head it will need to be tuned again, like said earlier.

turned out the waste gate was getting sticking. but problem solved.. thanks. the car is posted on craigslist for sale somewhere ill see if i can find it and copy in the link, the car should have 306hp last dyno tune~lou

Last edited:
Back