turbo d16y7 running like crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95turbodel

hi im running a d16y7 in a 95 civic ex with a t3 turbo, ac autotechnic fuel rail, fmu, and a fuel pump. it bogs out at 4500 to 5000 rpm tryed a 94 lx ecu and it does the samething tryed a p28 ecu samething. what do u think it is?

Quoted post[/post]]
FMU can cause your injectors to leak whick makes your car bog down cause its too rich.

That's only part of it... and they'll only cause your injectors to leak if you're overpressuring them.

Most of the time you really just need a good tune, that's all. Timing is key.

werd to everything that was said. ditch the FMU. its crap.

nothing compared to a real tune.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
FMU can cause your injectors to leak whick makes your car bog down cause its too rich.

That's only part of it... and they'll only cause your injectors to leak if you're overpressuring them.

Most of the time you really just need a good tune, that's all. Timing is key.

Doesn't a FMU constantly over pressure the injectors when you are in boost? All I know is shortly after boosting with the FMU in my car the car would bog at low RPMs or when I hit the throttle and I could smell excess fuel because of the injectors leaking.

Yes, it does overpressure while in boost- that's how they work. They're generally not bad for low boost setups that don't make too much power because you're not overstressing the injectors, but for anything with real power expectations, using a RRFPR or FMU is just a bad idea.

Back