1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo d16y7?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by japearl, Jul 27, 2004.

1. japearl

japearl Junior Member

i have a d15y7 i was just curious if anyone has boosted this motor. i think since the tranny has such long gears it would be good for boost. no? ive been looking up the mini-me swap too, and thats another option. buying the intake mani too seems like a cheap modification. im just looking for a 140-150 horsepower motor basiclly. if anyone has any information (PICTURES), ideas or input on what THEY would do in my situation please post it. thanks.

GOAL: trying to get a quick car out of a stock bottom end (15's) and be reilable enough to start up every morning and drive to school.

oh yeah; i cant swap the motor either :sad:

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Why can't you swap the motor? I have a d16z6 (sohc vtec) civic and b18b (dohc non-vtec) integra. Man everyday I drive the civic I wish I had an integra motor in there. Everything about the motor has a nicer feel. Plus it puts out the power you are looking for stock, and a stock setup is more reliable than a turbo one.

3. japearl

japearl Junior Member

i would love to run a b18 but its just not happening. about swapping out the motor; living at home with my parents (i just graduated school) arent too kean with me destroying a car that actually runs on a normal basis :sad: . so turbo is the only way "around the system"?

4. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Well with that in mind I would leave your car alone. This will keep your parents all :)'s, and I would look for another car that you could mod. I def recommend the integra :thumbsup:

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

long gears = slower. All motor, turbo, superchargered, or any other way the motor wants to breathe. the end.

IMO, if you awnt a 140 hp motor, do an LS swap.

6. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

Throw a custom turbo kit together. Just make sure you have good fuel management and tune the car really well. More than likely you coudl easily get a kit together for less than $1,000. Don't forget about exhaust and a clutch though, but you will need that anyways.

HomeMadeTurbo

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted