turbo d16y7?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

japearl

i have a d15y7 i was just curious if anyone has boosted this motor. i think since the tranny has such long gears it would be good for boost. no? ive been looking up the mini-me swap too, and thats another option. buying the intake mani too seems like a cheap modification. im just looking for a 140-150 horsepower motor basiclly. if anyone has any information (PICTURES), ideas or input on what THEY would do in my situation please post it. thanks.

GOAL: trying to get a quick car out of a stock bottom end (15's) and be reilable enough to start up every morning and drive to school.

oh yeah; i cant swap the motor either :sad:

Why can't you swap the motor? I have a d16z6 (sohc vtec) civic and b18b (dohc non-vtec) integra. Man everyday I drive the civic I wish I had an integra motor in there. Everything about the motor has a nicer feel. Plus it puts out the power you are looking for stock, and a stock setup is more reliable than a turbo one.

i would love to run a b18 but its just not happening. about swapping out the motor; living at home with my parents (i just graduated school) arent too kean with me destroying a car that actually runs on a normal basis :sad: . so turbo is the only way "around the system"?

Well with that in mind I would leave your car alone. This will keep your parents all :)'s, and I would look for another car that you could mod. I def recommend the integra :thumbsup:

Originally posted by japearl@Jul 27 2004, 05:32 PM
i have a d15y7 i was just curious if anyone has boosted this motor. i think since the tranny has such long gears it would be good for boost. no? ive been looking up the mini-me swap too, and thats another option. buying the intake mani too seems like a cheap modification. im just looking for a 140-150 horsepower motor basiclly. if anyone has any information (PICTURES), ideas or input on what THEY would do in my situation please post it. thanks.

GOAL: trying to get a quick car out of a stock bottom end (15's) and be reilable enough to start up every morning and drive to school.

oh yeah; i cant swap the motor either :sad:
[post=368875]Quoted post[/post]​

long gears = slower. All motor, turbo, superchargered, or any other way the motor wants to breathe. the end.

IMO, if you awnt a 140 hp motor, do an LS swap.

Throw a custom turbo kit together. Just make sure you have good fuel management and tune the car really well. More than likely you coudl easily get a kit together for less than $1,000. Don't forget about exhaust and a clutch though, but you will need that anyways.

HomeMadeTurbo

Back