1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo D16Y8

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by klotedog, Aug 6, 2003.

1. klotedog

klotedog Junior Member

I just recently picked up a big 16g killer turbo. I have a 97 honda civic sohc 1.6 liter D16Y8 engine. I need to know what parts I need to complete this. Like I said I only have the turbo and thats it. Where can I get pipes from to fit this turbo to an intercooler? I know this question is kind of broad but any help would be cool. Thanks in advance.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

jcwhitney.com has piping
    you need a butt load of more parts than that though.

FUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

ya manifold or lots of JBweld

4. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

you'll be surprised what a determined guy like myself can do with two tubes of jbweld.....

fucking amazing i am with it.

dude, you either need a blue box, (EBAY) (if you get the blue box, you need the OBDII instructions on how to wire up the blue box to ur ecu) or vafc hack to get ur turbo up and running, along with the manifold....downpipe, charge pipes, little blue things that connect the pipes (pipe connectors?), thermal wrap, SHITLOAD of nuts and bolts (i forget the sizes) boost guage, a/f guage, (some people say "EGT" guage...but @ stock boost you prob. dont need one.) blow off valve, blow off valve flange, pay someone to weld the bov flange onto the charge pipe (making sure the idiot doesnt fuck it up)
    tap ur oil pan, oil feed line, oil return line, oil pan gasket, brass "t" fitting, shitload of tools, 3 quarts of mobil1 synthetic oil @ 5 bucks a pop, oil filter,

what else?

wires to extend your 02 sensor, unless you like it riding on ur tranny like i got it...
    hose clamps, pipe clamps...

get the idea?

tack on about 600.00 if you plan on paying someone to install it as well.
    or
    if you do it yourself,
    tack on about 150.00 in supplies and 3 days if you have never done anything major like this before.

enjoy your install !!!!!!

oh and by the way...unless you are some hot-shot mechanic that knows his shit inside and out...

tack on an additional 100.00 and 6 hours for the inevitable fuck-ups that you will encounter.

5. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

oh i forgot to mention that if you JUST have the turbo, you will have to find a metal gasket that goes from the turbo to the downpipe, and from the turbo to the manifold.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted