Turbo Decision

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zerosk8r455

I am having a serious dilemna right now. first, here is what i plan to build: B16A, Re-sleeved, Je Pistons 8.5:1, Crower Billet rods, Crower valvetrain, Crower turbo app. cams, Gsr Tranny, Possible pnp job on head. What turbo would be best for me? Btw, don't know if this makes a diff, but i have a '97 Civic DX coupe. Plan on buying aem ems shortly after, once funds have regenerated. Now, what company/turbo size should i go with? It's gonna be a drag car, so i guess nothing too monstrous...maybe t3/to4e hybrid? What would be the best components for me to use in my turbo kit? Also, what would be a good way for me to learn how to REALLY drive to prepare me for this beast of a motor? i am a pretty inexperienced race car driver. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

::edit:: What kind of fuel upgrade should i do? companies...products...fuel pump? injectors? etc.

well, for a drag car, its far from my first choice... but anyway... you already have it so...

if you want to learn how to drive- go to a REAL go kart track.
if you want to learn how to drag.... practice not doing burnouts :)

as for fuel, injector sizing depnds on how big you go... check out http://www.rceng.com 's tech section
walboro 255 hp pump is fine

well..what i have is just the bare bottom end i bought off a friend for $200. Can easily be replaced if i feel it'd be in my best interest. Whatcha think would be best for my set-up? H22?

if you are willing to go through with sleeving, b18c1 GE sleeved out to 84mm would own :)

might not be a bad idea...how hard is it to find a bare GSR bottom end? I don't want to pay for stuff i don't need. I will be fully building motor anyways, so all internals would be useless. A few ppl have told me to go with the GSR, but getting the b16 was much more convenient at the time.

Hey Chris, its me Joey, hey if u wanna learn to drive,(im not the greatest driver) and drive good, practice on the streets, but practice even more at the track, run ur DX who cares. You saw my friend (eddie) is his GS-R cx hatch run at the Q, he was running 10's ! Practice makes perfect ! When am i going to ur side of the town to break ur hommies off....hahha j.k (oh yea, and im sellin the CRiX !)

Back