turbo efects handling?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-=JoHnNy_R=-

:huh: i was wondering if a turboed honda like a civic or a teg would be effected alot in handling. FF's already have huge disadvantage in handling against FR's if i turboed a honda is there any way it can still compete in handling terms against FR cars or is it just impossible?

only effect i can think of is you wont be able to gas out of the corner as soon
your just gunna spool up and lose traction and plow to the outside of the turn
this means you will cary a much lower exit speed
so you will not only have to make up the speed difference, you will also need to get up enough speed to make the pass, then hope you can get enough distance on your opponent that he wont just fly by and away from you in the next corner

what are you trying to be competitive in???

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 31 2003, 05:54 AM
turbo itself will not make a difference- its the new found power levels that will

exactly :)

i got a turbo integra and from my experince with it befor and after the turbo at auto cross i pritty much stayed the same comapred to my friends time. also with the lack of an Lsd i feel it reallyy hurt my times do to more power and wheel spin on almost every turn. so ya i havent bin wanting to autoX with out an Lsd

It also depends on the size of the turbo, engine size, car weight, tires, and many other variables......

my set-up... small engine, light car, small turbo, LSD, stiff suspention, sticky tires...and if I mess around with it, it handles just like a RWD car at times. Plus I can shoot out of the corner like a bat out of hell, and stop on a dime if need be....unless there is rain...then I'm screwed.

Back