turbo ems system?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

im turboing my d16z6 asap and it will be my first turbo car, the only thing im not sure of is if i will need a stand alone engine management system or not, i only plan on running 7 psi of boost to be safe and i have a chipped p28 ecu is that tunable enough? i dnt wanna have to buy handata or such for hundreds of dollars. thanks.

you just need to find someone who dyno tunes (or street tunes if thats all you can afford). they should be able to tune it and burn you a chip for your p28. stuff like ECtune, Neptune, or even chrome will work. basically you need to find a local tuner and ask them what they use.

oh i have one, they chipped my ecu and they are great but they are an hour and a half away, would my car be safe to drive that far to get tuned without one on a new turbo set up?

yes but you can not go into boost.... as hard as it will be, you just have to drive like a granny. ideally you should install a boost gauge anyways, but even if you dont you just have to stay real light on throttle and shift at lowish rpms.

ok cool i will have a boost guage and plan on doing that, i kno they use neptune is that expensive?

I have neptune and love it. my car was tuned with it when it was NA, then supercharged, and now turbo. Neptune has all the capabilities of hondata and its cheaper. most tuners will charge you a one time licensing fee to install the software into your ecu, and then of course dyno time after that. i know a couple of tuners in the south fl area and they charge $300 for the install and first tune. the guy i use does retunes for really cheap though, as little as $50. ive had my car on the dyno at least 8-9 times in the last couple years lol.

Back