Turbo Exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

I plan on getting a street legal turbo kit, something like the greddy for my Integra LS, what would be the best exhaust to get for it? Do I need a turbo exhaust manifold? Would the greddy Evo exhaust work well? (I wanna keep the sould level low :unsure: ) I'm a lost n00b, help...

yes, you need a turbo manifold. it has the flange for the actual turbo to sit on. then a 3" downpipe to a 3" catback mandrel bent exhaust that you should get done at a local muffler shop. then buy an apexi n1 or a clone of it (Brand X makes an awesome clone, sounds perfect) for the muffler.

also I wanna add, I heard about something called "equal length manifold." It's suppost to reduce turbo lag and increase efficiancy of the turbocharger. As for the N1, why would you recommend that? isn't the greddy more silent and pump out more power? Can you recommend a good manifold? Also, can I put the turbo manifold and exhaust on before I actually put on the turbo?

Under ~450 HP, you don't need an equal length manifold, and if you buy a "kit," it'll come with a manifold made to fit your engine and the turbo that comes with it.

is the greddy evo full stainless??? just curious. friend has a thermal turbo on his civic (turbo'd obviously) and it sounds good and low. this greddy kit you are getting will come with almost everything you will need. and no you cant do the manifold and exhaust thing. look up a picture of a turbo manifold vs. a regular header.

like said above, the greddy kit comes with a manifold already, and a downpipe.

exhaust is completely up to you- but you won't need a 3" for a greddy kit's potential either....

Do NOT buy a greddy kit. There was a thread somewhere around here somewhere saying it's garbage. I personally wouldn't waste my money on a greddy kit. It's gains are low, quality is ok, and price is to high. I would reccomend a revhard stage 2 kit, or a custom kit.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 28 2003, 08:07 AM
Do NOT buy a greddy kit. There was a thread somewhere around here somewhere saying it's garbage. I personally wouldn't waste my money on a greddy kit. It's gains are low, quality is ok, and price is to high. I would reccomend a revhard stage 2 kit, or a custom kit.

if I lower the boost on a revhard would it pass emmissions I wonder... :unsure:

doesn't matter. its still not legal.

emissions is one thing, boost is another.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2003, 10:55 PM
doesn't matter. its still not legal.

emissions is one thing, boost is another.

what is carb? is it only a california thing? ive never heard of anything dealing with cars and carb exemptions or anything like that to pass inspection/emissions in MD. is it only california or other states too? im a little confused.

It's in MA too, and it is a major pain in the ass.

As for boost, I figured if I lower it, less gasses would come out of the exhaust therefore causing smaller emissions... :unsure:

while mass doesn't have "CARB" so to speak, the emissions laws are pretty much just as strict.

lowering the boost really won't do much, as it's an internally wastegatted system. That's why its legal in the first place. Whatever doesn't get used, gets dumped down the exahust, instead of into the atmosphere like an external gated system does.

Back