turbo for h22a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

danny83m234

hey guys, i have eg civic with an h22a motor. the motor is resleeved and bored to 89mm. i need to know which turbo would be able to fit and also be able to put out 15+ psi. thanks

danny

Quoted post[/post]]
hey guys, i have eg civic with an h22a motor. the motor is resleeved and bored to 89mm. i need to know which turbo would be able to fit and also be able to put out 15+ psi. thanks

danny

street car id go gt35r or sc6152e with a .82 ar exhaust

drag mobile id go gt40r with t4 footprint

at 15psi on a fully built h22 (with head work) id say youd be pushing 400-450 at 15psi with a GT35R. It is definitely an expensive choice though, so try and find a used one, but really its one of the best matches ive seen for a H22. A T3/04E 57 trim .63/.63 is also good but it doesnt flow nearly as well as the GT35R so youll have to turn up the boost and you will not be spooling up as early as you would with the GT35, but you do save QUITE A BIT of money on the turbo. As Hotrex will attest to though, spending the extra cash is probably gonna pay off for you.

thanks for the tip, just was wondering whats a good price to pay for a new gt35r??
thanks in advance.

danny

new they run about 1100-1200 used you can get em anywhere from 600-800...they are priced that way for a reason, remember that...(still not knockin the budget solution though :))

what are the A/R ratio, comp trim, turbine trim for the gt35r??? or what would be good numbers for the h22a swap??

danny

Quoted post[/post]]

danny

a gt12 will push 15 psi.... doesn't mean its going to do a damn thing for your h22.

whats your POWER goal.

you could also run a t3 60-1 and make that power for considerably cheaper

just for safetys sake...yes i know a 60-1 at 25 psi and a GT35 at 18 psi are very close when it comes to power and flow, but id just like to stay safe and still make power...you know just as well as i do that its heart breaking to see all the money youve dumped into a setup gone because you went higher than you should have. Even with a good tune there is always that possibility of a clogged injector or a bad O2 signal that can throw that tune out the window.

Back