Turbo Go-Kart!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I started working on this yesterday after seeing a vid of a turbo mower on streetfire.net.

I used the original header and cut the bend out of it, then mounted a plate that will adapt to my DSM T2 turbo.

No Intercooler, High-flow adjustable carb and a Walbro Kart Pump. I'm hoping it can make about 2psi of boost. Its only a 200cc motor.

header.jpg

Note: I'm no welder, never claimed to be :p

I will tonight or tomorrow. So far that's it :laugh:

I just made that this morning, I'll mount it when I get home and then start making braces for the turbo itself. From there piping is a breeze :cool:

you love yourself some turbos :) wrx, turboed matrix, accord and now go kart! boost = cocaine

Before I take a single ride on this thing, I'm making a scatter shield :) The motor is literally right beside you, way too close for my comfort.

sweet, need more pics

This is like a scaled down version of Whitey's turbo banshee project on HMT, except his is FI, and going to be insanely fast if he ever finishes it. I havent seen any updates in a long time

But i wanna see this turbo go cart With vids!!!

damn!!!...nice setup bro...lookin sweet...how many horsies is that motor? looks like a briggs 3 1/2 to me...could be wrong....now wit that turbo ull be spankin dual point civics!!!! ull have like 89hp and 14psi...lol..j/p....have fun wit her

how is it getting gas? thought it only gets gas from vacuum? it does not have a fuel pump. just curious but could be wrong idk.

I havent swapped out the carb and crappy stock tank setup. I have a Walbro pump and 5qt gas tank in my basement. I'm going to be using a Tillotson Carb with a EC Intake Manifold too. With the Intake Manifold on I can have a port for a Boost gauge and even a BOV :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
I havent swapped out the carb and crappy stock tank setup. I have a Walbro pump and 5qt gas tank in my basement. I'm going to be using a Tillotson Carb with a EC Intake Manifold too. With the Intake Manifold on I can have a port for a Boost gauge and even a BOV :laugh:

thats awesome man!! haha i love it.,

question, where in the hell are you getting oil pressure from, i swear those old motors just used an "oil dipper to fling oil around??

i hope that puts out enough exhaust to spool, thats fricking cool!

Back