Turbo Goals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraracing91

What turbo would have a fast spool up but also be good between 400-500 hp?any help :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

what motor? what head work? what rpm do you want to START boost, and what rpm do you want FULL boost? and what IS full boost (aka your total before your wastegate leaks it out)

Wellllll...i'll be using a LS-T engine, fully built, and i was also wondering if i should put the B18C head on to increase the rpm range (but then i was also wondering if i would have to change my engine to VTEC parts like sell my 402T Crower cams :p for some VTEC ones, different springs/retainers, and mabye the whole LS/VTEC conversion :( ) i would like to use a maximum boost of like 25, but even thats pushin it, and i would like it to spool as fast as it can while still putting out 450-500hp...but if fast spooling and 500hp don't go together (which im sure they don't) then i'd rather have more power :rolleyes:

but then i was also wondering if i would have to change my engine to VTEC parts like sell my 402T Crower cams for some VTEC ones

VTEC cams are not that good for Turbo, too much overlap (you'll blow most of your pressure out the exhaust side). I dont think however that you can even put VTEC cams in an LS engine.

Go with stock LS cams or aftermarket Turbo cams. ;)

before even talking about going over 7 pounds of boost u should do the bottom end first.

Werd

Some forged pistons and aftermarket steel rods are a good idea, along with block girdle as well. For 500 HP the list goes on and on :p

Originally posted by integraracing91@Apr 21 2003, 01:42 AM
Wellllll...i'll be using a LS-T engine, fully built, and i was also wondering if i should put the B18C head on to increase the rpm range

i forgot who this was :bash:
you already have too much invested in the LS if you ask me. I know, i was there. i sold out. i took a huge cut on it.

vtec cams will NOT work in an LS head.

if you want to increase your RPM range, my question to you is why?
even if XXXXX motor can rev to 10,000 rpms, the question is, will it make power?

on top of having to build the valve train, etc, to handel 10k rpms, making power that high requires 1 thing- a stupid high overlap cam profile. Overlap + turbo = stupid.
shift for christ sakes :)
7000 rpms in an LS/T is all you need.

you will run low 11s on 350 whp and slicks.
you are nuts if you want 500 hp in a street car.
350 is about the most you will ever put down with out slicks.

for example, a random signature i stole from a H-T post-
11.34@126.5-19psi 374whp 277ft/lbs@19psi

he's running 11.3 in a full body 94-95 teg
stock LS block
19 psi
t3 60-1

done

500hp is crazy. but there is one guy who made a street legal integra gsr that ran close to 500hp(491hp to be exact). its in the 9/01 issue of SCC. it took him 28psi of boost. his peak power was around 7300rpm, and this was a b18c with stock cams. best time of 12.007sec with slicks

in case you are wondering what mods this guy has, ill list it:

B18C-
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
Ferrea Valves
Holeshot adf. cam gears
ITR intake
PnP
iron sleeves
block decked and o-ringed
Garrett T3/T4; .50A/R exaust
Spearco Intercooler
HKS BOV and wastegate
JG Engine Dynamics TB
Accel DFI ignition
Crane HI-6, Crane PS92

yea, realistically 350 hp will make most anyone very happy. You go over 500 your not even going to be able to use the gas pedal on the street. You'll probably roast them downshifting from 5th to 4th. LOL

Haha ok, so 500 isn't such a good idea then, what turbo would be best for 400 hp :p , AND spool fast mind you...like full boost by at least 3500

Well it would be nice to have full boost by 3500 but i understand the world isn't perfect...and what would the specs be on a t3/t4 turbo that ur suggesting be :unsure:

full boost by 3500 would need a very small turbo, compressor and turbine housing. and by the time that thing reaches redline, your wastegate will be very busy.

t3/t4- .50 A/R turbine, 46 trim compressor wheel

t3 60-1 is probably your best bet.
however, i'd recommend the precision SC61

SC616370 is the part number. precisionte.com

Originally posted by integraracing91@Apr 21 2003, 11:44 PM
But that wouldn't make like 450+hp would it? sounds kinda small, but i will sacrafice spool for power

well i dont know if you noticed but b18s and other honda engines are small.

dont blow your motor by turning up the turbo boost pass 11 psi.. if you are looking for 450+ horse power u should build your bottom end of oyur motor first. what i mean by this is, you should bore and resleeve your block and change the connecting rods, crank shaft, and etc. B)

Originally posted by possessed imports@Apr 23 2003, 07:51 PM
dont blow your motor by turning up the turbo boost pass 11 psi.. if you are looking for 450+ horse power u should build your bottom end of oyur motor first. what i mean by this is, you should bore and resleeve your block and change the connecting rods, crank shaft, and etc. B)

Hahaha duhhhh, im no nOOb, im sending the block to GE and boring it to a 2L with arias pistons and eagle rods, and i was thinking about them balancing the crankshaft too but i have no idea what purpose it serves ;) , but back to my ORIGINAL question....what turbo would get me to 450 hp, so far im leaning to the t3 60-1...but am willing to investigate other opinions :rolleyes:

Back