1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo GSR build...waddya think about this

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by bjfisher, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bjfisher

bjfisher Senior Member

im doing a mild turbo build on my 163k mile b18c1, shooting for 400whp with my gt35r. im building the block only, with JE 9:1 pistons, Eagle H Beam Rods and ARP rod bolts and head studs. my main concern is the sleeves, and i do not want to put out the money to have my block Benson sleeved like i would in a perfect world. ive heard negative things about block guards, and i also know that another option is block posting. what do you guys suggest i do. of course, i want it to be reliable, as this is a daily driven car.
    also, what head gasket should i use, and what kinda bearings ACL or OEM hondas?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

sleeving is a good idea, but not 100% needed for this build. block guard is also not something you will need. GT35 with 9:1s, some 600+ injectors and a good tune will get you well on your way to that goal.

If you are trying to choose between ACL and OEM bearings stay OEM. As for head gasket. A new OEM HG will fit your needs.

Note: Please dont link to other forums with no reason....that was just plain odd, especially since it had nothing to do with this post other than it was a turbo forum. I wouldnt mind you linking to a topic in which you actually link to some relevant info.

*edit*
    Alrighty, i think i found what you meant to post to, so i put the link back and just changed the target.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  3. bjfisher

bjfisher Senior Member

i didnt do that link, it did it on its own, i just typed turbo:huh:

thanks for your suggestion, you really think the stock sleeves alone will be alright at 400whp? you dont think i should even post the block just for extra piece of mind bc its hard for me to convince myself to just let them go stock lol

4. reikoshea

i didnt say you shouldnt do it, but i did say you dont NEED to do it.

you can run it at 400 hp, it would just be safer to sleeve it.

I dont know if "block posting" goes by another name, but ive never heard of it

5. bjfisher

bjfisher Senior Member

block posting
    Block Posting

6. reikoshea

okay, that might help a bit, but i dont see it doing AMAZING THINGS for the engine. While he mentions people do this instead of sleeving. I see it as a replacement for a block gaurd, but not for sleeving.

7. bjfisher

bjfisher Senior Member

yeah, i agree. i figured i will do it just for a little more peace of mind yaknow? sleeving is just out of the question right now, hopefully next summer tho

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted