Turbo GSR build...waddya think about this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

im doing a mild turbo build on my 163k mile b18c1, shooting for 400whp with my gt35r. im building the block only, with JE 9:1 pistons, Eagle H Beam Rods and ARP rod bolts and head studs. my main concern is the sleeves, and i do not want to put out the money to have my block Benson sleeved like i would in a perfect world. ive heard negative things about block guards, and i also know that another option is block posting. what do you guys suggest i do. of course, i want it to be reliable, as this is a daily driven car.
also, what head gasket should i use, and what kinda bearings ACL or OEM hondas?

Last edited by a moderator:
sleeving is a good idea, but not 100% needed for this build. block guard is also not something you will need. GT35 with 9:1s, some 600+ injectors and a good tune will get you well on your way to that goal.

If you are trying to choose between ACL and OEM bearings stay OEM. As for head gasket. A new OEM HG will fit your needs.

Note: Please dont link to other forums with no reason....that was just plain odd, especially since it had nothing to do with this post other than it was a turbo forum. I wouldnt mind you linking to a topic in which you actually link to some relevant info.

*edit*
Alrighty, i think i found what you meant to post to, so i put the link back and just changed the target.

Last edited:
reikoshea said:
sleeving is a good idea, but not 100% needed for this build. block guard is also not something you will need. GT35 with 9:1s, some 600+ injectors and a good tune will get you well on your way to that goal.

If you are trying to choose between ACL and OEM bearings stay OEM. As for head gasket. A new OEM HG will fit your needs.

Note: Please dont link to other forums with no reason....that was just plain odd, especially since it had nothing to do with this post other than it was a turbo forum. I wouldnt mind you linking to a topic in which you actually link to some relevant info.

*edit*
Alrighty, i think i found what you meant to post to, so i put the link back and just changed the target.
i didnt do that link, it did it on its own, i just typed turbo:huh:

thanks for your suggestion, you really think the stock sleeves alone will be alright at 400whp? you dont think i should even post the block just for extra piece of mind bc its hard for me to convince myself to just let them go stock lol

i didnt say you shouldnt do it, but i did say you dont NEED to do it.

you can run it at 400 hp, it would just be safer to sleeve it.

I dont know if "block posting" goes by another name, but ive never heard of it

reikoshea said:
i didnt say you shouldnt do it, but i did say you dont NEED to do it.

you can run it at 400 hp, it would just be safer to sleeve it.

I dont know if "block posting" goes by another name, but ive never heard of it
block posting
Block Posting

okay, that might help a bit, but i dont see it doing AMAZING THINGS for the engine. While he mentions people do this instead of sleeving. I see it as a replacement for a block gaurd, but not for sleeving.

yeah, i agree. i figured i will do it just for a little more peace of mind yaknow? sleeving is just out of the question right now, hopefully next summer tho

Back