Turbo gurus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRTURBO

Need some quick help from you guys. How much power is a turbonetics t3/t04e 57 trim with a .63 ar good to? 450sih whp ??

you may know this but im working on a 11 sec street car that will only be run on pump gas (93 octane) and im looking to get 400-450+ whp. its a built 2.0 liter gsr. what size of turbo should i look into getting? i understand the compressor maps and such for the most part, but when it gets into AR trims and such, i get lost.
i found that turbonetics turbo for 550 shipped so i was trying to jump on it. thanks for the reply.
josh

Edit: i have a turbonetics t3/t4 54 trim currently sitting in my basement, with very very minimal shaft play, so im trying to figure out what to do to reach the goal.

for $550 I'd get a brand new Holset HY35 - flows as much air as a Precision SC61, spools decent. That's just me though.

ive heard good things about the gt28rs, but those are for around 300hp. so i guess a turbo in the same family would be good. but they are expensive i think.

HY35 = 9cm ^2 turbine housing (works out to be between .63 and .82 AR) T3 hotside with a pimpy Holset compressor on cool side. Fit 70% efficiency island for a T3/T4 inside the 70% of a HY/HX35 and have plenty of room for a swimming pool. My homefry had a HX35 (16 cm^2 vs 9cm^2 housing - much bigger A/R) on his GSR and it had 8psi of boost by ~3800 RPM with Drag3 manifold, 3" DP + 2.5" exhaust. HY would come on even faster.

Back