Turbo H22 in '97 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM Love 19

ok, here is the thing, i got a '97 integra LS, and i wanna do a swap and turbo charge the thing. i'm not sure what i should get, H22 or GS-R? this is gonna be a street car, but i want it to have 500 or 600 hp. i was gonna get a h22 and this is what i was gonna do to it, sleve it with 85 mm JE pistons, eagle rods, and i wanna know if the crank will handdddle all the power? put cams and cam gears, exedy fly wheel and clutch,skunk 2 intake manifold, valve springs, and do the rest of the head work. few more parts i didn't mention. than i was gonna put t3/t4 turbo, i want 30 punds of boost, than someone told me (also read in super street) to go with gt2835 turbo (supra). not as much boost at low rpms, but pulls like crazy at high rpms. which engine is easier to swap and would i have to do any cutting with h22, and will gs-r handle this much boost, if i was gonna go with it? THANKS TO ALL YOU

20 grand to spend on a turbo setup? you're almost as nuts as i am. and not a day goes by where i don't regret it. think about a house... your own place... cuz that's a fat down payment, and i wish i made it instead of building up my honda. be that as it may, it's your money, and im not going to try to talk you out of it.

hitting 600 whp, isn't really that hard. but, it requires good gas. race gas. 110+ octane. you're NOT going to have that on the street.

moreover, you will probably be faster with 350 whp.... as you aren't going to have 24" slicks on the street either- and with 400+ on street tires, you will burn 4th gear with ease.... i don't think you realize just how stupid-fast 400 hp is, let alone 600.

but again, i'm not going to talk yo out of it.

The Garett GT35 is a bad-ass turbo. it has nothing to do with Supras however, as none of them came stock with it. It is a very new turbo- within the past year or so. if memory serves, supras were done in 98??? IMO, it's overpriced. it's at least 1500 bucks in small trims due to its dual ball bearing center, which frankly, willl only induce more wheel spin.

you will have to cut for the h22 shifting shit. the gsr will be all you need.

sleeve it to 83 or 84mm. Bensons is my top pick right now.
CP pistons, 10:1
Pauter Rods
stock gsr cams
portflow head work and valve train.
portflow oem-sized vlaves
gsr tranny/quaiffe lsd
http://www.full-race.com t3/t67 turboand their package
hondata
1000cc injectors
a day on the dyno
good gas

Geoff, the owner of full-race made 586 whp on an 81.5mm GSR sleved 10:1 block on 24 psi on a lesser built setup than above.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2003, 06:30 AM
20 grand to spend on a turbo setup? you're almost as nuts as i am. and not a day goes by where i don't regret it. , and i wish i made it instead of building up my honda. be that as it may, it's your money, and im not going to try to talk you out of it.

moreover, you will probably be faster with 350 whp.... as you aren't going to have 24" slicks on the street either- and with 400+ on street tires, you will burn 4th gear with ease.... i don't think you realize just how stupid-fast 400 hp is, let alone 600.

but again, i'm not going to talk yo out of it.

sleeve it to 83 or 84mm. Bensons is my top pick right now.
CP pistons, 10:1
Pauter Rods
stock gsr cams
portflow head work and valve train.
portflow oem-sized vlaves
gsr tranny/quaiffe lsd
http://www.full-race.com t3/t67 turboand their package
hondata
1000cc injectors
a day on the dyno
good gas

Geoff, the owner of full-race made 586 whp on an 81.5mm GSR sleved 10:1 block on 24 psi on a lesser built setup than above.

think about a house... your own place... cuz that's a fat down payment

yes, i got about 25-30 for the house, and these 20 that i wanna spend on a car is my fun money.(house was the first thing i thought about)

hitting 600 whp, isn't really that hard. but, it requires good gas. race gas. 110+ octane. you're NOT going to have that on the street.

i definatly don't wanna run on race gas, since there is non around for miles and miles, what's the best i could get on running on pump gas? and with 350-400 hp, with stock interior, what would i run on 1/4 mile? (street tires)

The Garett GT35 is a bad-ass turbo. it has nothing to do with Supras however, as none of them came stock with it. It is a very new turbo- within the past year or so. if memory serves, supras were done in 98??? IMO, it's overpriced. it's at least 1500 bucks in small trims due to its dual ball bearing center, which frankly, willl only induce more wheel spin.

they make it for supras twin turbo, it's $9000 for the complete kit, single turbo itself is $2400

you will have to cut for the h22 shifting shit. the gsr will be all you need.

i was gonna go with ls or gs-r block, gs-r tranny and type r head, would it be better to leave the type r head stock or fill it with aftermarket parts?

Back