turbo h23vtec HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

i'm gonna turbo my h23vtec,i'm completely building the whole motor, however i'm not sure which turbo i'm going to use, nitrous may come in the future as well if it makes a difference.....

before i start buying things separatly, i want to have a complete list of parts that will work best TOGETHER, and hoping someone can speak from trial and error and whatnot.

what is a good setup?

which:
pistons
rods
cams/gears
injectors
valves/valve springs/retainers

again, i want a setup that works well together, thanks for the help

can't use forged pistons in an h-series block wihtout sleeving it.

send it out to GEM or Bensons and have it sleeved, and built there. CP pistons, crower or probe rods for serious power
wiseco, Je pistons, eagle rods for moderate power

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 26 2004, 11:29 PM
can't use forged pistons in an h-series block wihtout sleeving it.

send it out to GEM or Bensons and have it sleeved, and built there. CP pistons, crower or probe rods for serious power
wiseco, Je pistons, eagle rods for moderate power
[post=407889]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i'm having it sleeved next month, how big of a dif is cp pistons and crower rods as opposed to je pistons and eagle rods?

also, i really need to know the best cam to chose for this turbo application as well as injectors,valves/springs/retainers will work best all together

cp + crower = 1500 ish
je + eagle = 800 ish

cp and crower are much stronger, but je's and eagles will hold 400hp no problem.

cams? stock.
use your boost. spending another grand on a cam to gain less power than you would if you just turned up the boost 1 more psi.

focus on the block, the fuel delivery and mangement and tuning, and you will safely run to the limits of pump fuel with ease and safety.

question

do you have the H23 vtec from europe or japan? or did you do a H23/H22 head hybrid?

i have heard of the H23 vtec but never seen one

thanks pissedoffsol, so the stock cams are fine for boost and will work ok with the rest of the mods?what size injectors are good?and what is a good lightweight flywheel and clutch?

reckedracing - its the hybrid

Back