Turbo help for a d16a6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wolfdawg2

Wolf dawg
I just picked up a Borg Warner 51 t/32 turbo off a 5.6L GM turbo off a friend.

All I need to know if that would be a good turbo to use on my d16a6 with a z6 head???

Things I am going to have done are ARP head studs/ gasket, vitara pistons, tt rods, block guard, 450cc injectors or bigger, bigg front mount,HKS sequential blow off, internal or external wast gate and a chiped p28 with vafc2 tune for now till I get a beter tuning program.

I don't know much about other turbo's than stock DSM one's.

PPL told me that turbo diesel's turbo are a little diff from other turbos and I am only going to boost around 4G and drop off.

Let me know what you ppl thing and give me any ideas Thanks Wolfy :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks

Sorry. All I am trying to get is a little info that's all. And you say google it. Google what???? All I get is a bunch of shit. All I want to know is if I am going to be able to spool that tubo and make any power out of it??? Some say yes and some say no. No one on here can give me any info with out giving me a bunch of shit. If you have no info to help me out then dont put any thing on my thread it's a was of your time. Thanks Wolfy

hey

Yea I know no one has to give me the info but this is what the sites is for to help ppl out. And I don't know anythig about tubo's. That why I am asking ppl for help. That all. If I can use the turbo or not Thanks Wolfy

hey

Thanks for your help I just need some one to help me out and point me in the right way.:) Like I said I don't know any thing about turbos and what is to bigg or samll I am still learning things ever day about them. Thanks for your time Wolfy

way to unresponsive for a d-series street car. maybe on the track it will be fun, but it will suck ass before 5500-6000 rpms

Hey I got the turbo for free. LOL So there so many turbos to go for. What size turbo would you get if you wanted to get like 250 to 300 hp out of a d??? Just asking. I am going to trade my turbo for something smaller. Thanks Wolfy

Wolfy , you have a very wise guy there, listen to Blanco , I wouldn't use that turbo either for a D series , I would use a T3 . .42 A/R compressor , and .48 on turbine with the vitara pistons and ARP studs , and 270whp goal max ! , then the rest is tunning

Back