Turbo Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sounds like the seals are shot if oil is getting into the compressor housing. You weren't running a restrictor were you?

no i wasnt running a restrictor, the last time i let it idle for a while and it didn't have any oil in there at all, it was only the first 15 min when i ran the turbo when i first put it on. it wasnt much tho just enough to notice. i'm guessing the seals shrank slightly from sitting so long after being used? and after they heated up a bit they sealed properly?

sorry guys to bring this old thread up again, but now it still leaks a small amount of oil out of between where the turbine housing goes to the center housing, and i'm still not running a restrictor? where's the cheapest i can get one at? the turbo supposedly is a ball bearing, but idk. it spins for a while after i turn the car off, at least a good 20 seconds or so. also, the turbo is loud as hell!! not like it going bad, just while ur driving. it sounds like a diesel turbo, lol u can definately hear it.

Back