turbo help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rex

hi this is mike i'm new to the turbo thing i'm putting a t3 turbo external wastegate on a turbo header using 450cc injectors and a vortec 12:1 fmu on my d16 in a crx i have some small stupid questions where do you hook up the hose coming off of the blow off valve ? also the hose on the wastegate does it hook to the turbo? and does anybody no the thread size where the oil psi sending unit goes into the block?thanks for any info i feal stupid for asking theese questions but making my own kit no instructions.

You need a sandwich adapter, there are a few companies who make them. Don't try to tap it off the sendine unit.

You can soucre the vaccum from the turbo for the wastegate but there is some drilling and tapping involved.

The BOV and wastegate need vaccum to function correctly, you can "t" off the one on the intake mani and use those.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 23 2005, 07:17 PM
You need a sandwich adapter, there are a few companies who make them. Don't try to tap it off the sendine unit.

You can soucre the vaccum from the turbo for the wastegate but there is some drilling and tapping involved.

The BOV and wastegate need vaccum to function correctly, you can "t" off the one on the intake mani and use those.
[post=450259]Quoted post[/post]​

where and wich companies make the sandwich adapter and wich line off the intake mani should i us can the both use the same one with a t fitting?is it the two lines on the side facing the firewall that are side by side?brake booster line or fuel psi regulator line i'm not sure?

woah woah woah... put your brakes on.

an FMU + large injectors will cause you a ton or flooding problems. FMU's are designed to run stock, or near stock injector size. stock is 240. 310 is as high as i would recommend.

as for the block fitting, it is a BSPT fitting- not an NPT. so make sure you get the right thing.

Oil feed line part list

1- male 1/8" BSPT to female 1/8" NPT adapter (aluminum)
1- 1/8" NPT Brass Tee adapter with one male out and two females.
1- 3.5' of -3AN lines with hose ends attach
1- straight 1/8" NPT to -3AN adapter
1- 90 deg 1/8" NPT to -3AN adapter

Oil Return Parts list

Oil Drain Flange 1/2"

1/2" to -10AN adapter 45 degrees adapter
45 deg -10AN swivel seal hose end
Straight -10AN Swivel seal hose end
1' of -10AN 200 series hose.
-10 steel weld on bung

Back