turbo help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92cb7f22a1

ok so right now i have a f22a1 and was wondering about which f series is the best for turbo, i dont wanna do a h22 swap with and turbo it because ive read so many forums that people say its probably the worst engine to turbo due to a weak block. if i were to turbo my motor now, would i have to do some internal work or just plop the turbo on there and hope for the best? also where would i get it tuned? do they sell chips setup for a certain amount of boost?

To set the record straight... H22 don,t have a weak block there Pistons suck and so do F22's. If you want to boost your F22 cool but I say if your gonna do it, do it right. With both H22 and F22 you need Pistons and rods but you will need Sleeves on your F22 if your boosting more than about 8lbs. funny thing is at 8lbs of boost you will be about the same HP as a stock h22.

F22 = 115HP
H22 = 200HP

My buddy has a H22a with moly pistons and eagle rods, venom Intake manifold Borg warner 63ar turbo 3inch charge piping putting down 600hp at 14lbs of boost on race gas and 530hp at 8lbs on 93 octaine. Tunes by King Motorsports. Its a monster. THIS CAR HAS STOCK SLEEVES.

oh ok, i just read a lot that if a h22 has like 400+ hp then it won't last long because itl blow easy, if i did an h22 turbo, what would be the best way on building it? like what parts and from who?

What's your budget and power goals. And what do u want to do with the car.

well i plan on going in the army, signing up next week because i finish school. so after basic and everything i wanna build my first car, so right now im just curious. so lets just say 5000-8000?

Im on the army. Good choice. I would worried about it when u get back. Be with family instead of trying to blow your sign on bonus away.

well i mean when i get settled into wherever im living. not gonna be like a tomorrow or deal. just mostly curious because my dream is to have my honda in the garage torn apart because im building it you know?

Back