turbo in clutch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is my dilema, the clutch pedal seems to have play for the first 6 inches of travel then at the very bottom you feel it start to work. Its not that the clucth is slipping but that the pedall has the funny feel to it. The car has just had a custom turbo set up done by myself and a friend. My question is would high heat cause the clutch slave cylinder to wear out prematurely? The downpipe for the turbo is 3in. in diameter and is only 1/4" away from the slave cylinder. I'm really looking for educated opinions on the subject and any helpful info would be appreciated. :ph34r:

You're most likely boiling your clutch fluid. Redesign the downpipe or wrap the slave cylinder and line with thermo- wrap.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 3 2004, 12:03 PM
You're most likely boiling your clutch fluid. Redesign the downpipe or wrap the slave cylinder and line with thermo- wrap.
[post=397689]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking that but it happened in the morning when the car was cold. I should have stated that earlier.

Bleed the system then. You have air in the line, caused by the boiling of the fluid.

Back