Turbo in my f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Playa128

Hi guys,
I just finshed putting a new f22a1 in my 93 accord. the head gasket was blown on my other engine so hence the swap. ive been doing research and using the almighty search button but i only really found 1 thread pertaining to turboing my new engine. I would like to throw a turbo on my stock engine. from what ive seen the f22 is the best engine to do it with, however i need clarification and advice. im picking up a t3/t4 turb for only 300 bux brand new. i am planning to keep the boost only at 6psi. i need advice...this car is a daily driver...i cant afford for the tranny or the engine to blow. I have about 12 hours to get the turbo so please help. i dont have the money to get the engine or tranny worked on and built to have full psi capability...Am i gonna blow anything? What advice do you have for my project? will my engine an tranny survive the boost? please help!!!

also it seems all i would need is a good tuning after im done putting it in....anyone know a place in LI new york? And how much is a good tuning usually?

you need alot more then just a turbo, try using the search button I dont think you relize how much money your going to spend on a turbo set up

no im getting the entire turbo kit....i just dont have the money to build the internal parts of the engine

what on ebay?

for one, psi alone will not determine the power you make. cfm has better yeild on that. different size turbos flow different amounts of air, at a given psi.

piecing together the turbo kit is usually the better option. allowing you to buy each individual part to suit your needs.

an F22 will make decent power on stock internals. 8.8:1 compression is a nice ratio for boost.

If you can't afford to fix it when something breaks, than my advice to you is to save up because chances are something will. What is this $300 turbo kit you are talking about. A half decent turbo is going to cost at least $600 new, then you have to factor in everything else.

Have you considered how you're going to tune your setup and make sure it gets enough fuel so it doesn't blow?

I havnt yet seen the turbo kit. its 300 because the person bought it off the internet for 900 and his car got stolen. So hes had it laying around in the box for 2 months....so far i know its a t3/t4 turbo. Also my Manager at work helped me do the engine swap and hes helping me put in the turbo. He has an h22 with the same turbo in his 94 accord. He was running real good at 6psi got excited and turned it up to 20 psi and blew his tranny. Im just gonna keep it at 6. I know he knows what i would need to do as far as tuning and fuel ratio im just worried about what the f22 can handle

check the brand of the turbo. a typical 900 dollar kit is ebay. most good, or brand name turbo's alone are ~700 new. your much better off not buying ebay junk parts. the kind that only sell on ebay and private sellers who dont want them anymore. XS power. etc.

the f22 is fine for boost.

here's some proof for ya. (completly stock motor) need a built f22 to handle high boost? hmm here are my dyno numbers... - Honda Forum / Acura Forum - SuperHonda.com

modacardyno.jpg

Last edited:
I live in North East PA and can tune your car and setup. I have a basemap from my car to work from. PM me if youre interested. I also have some Accord turbo parts that you WILL need regardless of what kit you buy. The Ebay "kits" are usually mani, turbo, wg and universal piping. Its a kit to make a kit really :lol:

Back