turbo in stock 92 si???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

can a completely stock 92 si hatch handle a turbo setup??? looking to go turbo but don't wanna spend a lot...what are my options???

go to Homemadeturbo.com they have two d16z6 hatches that they made a turbo kit for with just junk yard parts and the car runs perfect im actually in the process of doing one myself just kinda low on money at the moment

yea a stock motor can handle something like 10psi with all stock internals any more than that you will need like forged rods and pistons and things like that

yea a stock motor can handle something like 10psi with all stock internals any more than that you will need like forged rods and pistons and things like that

yeah im not sure what a stock motor can handle for sure but i know that they did't do any internal work and got a lot of power on the dyno with it

It all depends on the condition of the engine and what kind of engine management you're running.. if you just slap on a turbo kit and call it a day it's not going to last very long.

I just did it for under $500, thats used parts and a brand new intercooler. Talon turbo, CRX mani, FMU/missing link, hks bov, ceap piping, got everything else for oil cooling and return from NAPA........Runs like a bat out of hell........I will be posting pics here one of these days when I get some time.....Mine is on a stock D15B7 1993 DX hatch, I just got done replacing the head gasket less than 200 miles ago

did you have it tuned or no and if you did where did you have it done or what software and equipment did you use??

post pics i wanna see this

All I have is a Blox FMU and a Synapse Missing Link. I didn't have to do anything to my ECU and I don't have any check engine lights,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet, I have only been driving it for about a week and a half. I have been noticing if I hit second hard enough my clutch slips like a bitch though.....Thats my next investment

yeah deff but i want the thing tuned tho but also it has to be good for a daily drive cause thats all i have since i sold my Audi for it

Back