Turbo Integra Reliability

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nofx

Hey guys...
I think Im going to get a 95 Integra GSR with some sort of performance head on it. Theres a v8 5.0 Mustang in town that runs 14.7 1/4 miles. I want to beat it hands down without giving up reliability. I keep hearing you can get 13's from just bolting on a T3 turbo. Is it true? And if its true, how reliable is it? And is it like 13.3 or like 13.999999?

PLEASE dont answer unless you KNOW.. or have a REALLY STRONG feeling.

Thanks a bunch guys

if you do it the right way and tune it right you'll get there (reliable and fast), but if you just "slap it on" it won't be reliable and you probably won't be in the 13's.

Originally posted by Nofx@Sep 18 2003, 03:26 PM
I keep hearing you can get 13's from just bolting on a T3 turbo. Is it true?

With slicks, yes. Reliability comes with tuning. Detonation = bad. Tuning = good. That's about it.

So if I started my car out with the following, I should be waxing this 14.7 Mustang?

95 Integra GSR w/ performance head (Its got bigger holes I think)
T3 Turbo
Turbo-Back Exhaust
MSD Ignition

Originally posted by Nofx@Sep 18 2003, 09:43 PM
So if I started my car out with the following, I should be waxing this 14.7 Mustang?

95 Integra GSR w/ performance head (Its got bigger holes I think)
T3 Turbo
Turbo-Back Exhaust
MSD Ignition

Uh... "performance head"????

Where the hell did you come up with that? The only company that makes a head for a Honda IS Honda. There's no Trick Flow Specialties Track Heat Honda B series head out there or anything... No "Edelbrock D series Victor Series"...

You don't need a turbo to beat a High 14 second car. If it's a GSR, and it runs right, you can beat up on those times with less than $1500 in natural aspirated mods. Header, Exhaust, Intake, Cat pipe, Slicks and tuning. That setup should run a mid 14, easy.

umm, a t3 with 8psi and slicks and intercooler should easily hit 13.8's, depending on ur skill and where u live. and with such a low psi, it should be very reliable.

Well I wouldn't be racing this Mustang at the track, it would be down 1/4 mile stretch of road, on street tires.

And they guy said performance head meaning it flows better. He couldn't remember what kind of head it was. It could be a Type R head or a Ported GSR or maybe some company makes a replica head of a B series thats got a new valve train or something in it... Im not sure. The reason the head was replaced is because it got in an accident... the title is still clean though.

So if I should be getting mid 14's with basic bolt ons and slicks, with good driving and my turbo setup I should still be beating it. I think this will be the start of my dream car. Either an Integra or a 240sx ... I cant decide. Integra seems better for me. In either case I should be alright.

Thank you guys

Back