turbo itr help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ppiart

I have a gsr block with 83mm pistons, forged bottom end forged valve train, aem ems, skunk2 pro2 cams stock injectors. compression is at 11:0:1. I'v heard of people with turbo'd itrs my question is what injectors should I run, what turbo is 6 pounds safe and or worth running boost in this motor, and is it possible to run pro2 cams with forced induction if not what cams should I go with. I dont plan to beat the piss out of this motor no 9k red lines daily or anything like that just want some advise

sell me the skunk2 pro 2's.

you should be more concernend with the size of the turbo with that compression.
gsr's seem to be the perfect oem cams to run on turbo'ed cars.

looks to me like you have a good n/a platform instead of a turbo.

what are your goals in regard to HP? vehicle usage?

stock sleeves says you should probably keep the power level below 300whp, so my vote is for a garrett t3/t4 57trim .58 a/r or close to it. excellent street turbo and can still carry you to ~350whp on that high of compression if you should ever decided to resleeve.

wow I didn't know you could put a turbo on that high of compression. I was thinking around 10:1 but I guess it will work with the right turbo..

So yes or no on the pro2s. And idk what power the setup would make overall but i would like to at least see 260 to the wheel on 6 pounds. Also this is my daily

Another thing was what size injectors should I upgrade to.

its tough to say what power level this will reach because that is solely dependent upon the tuning. with the compression you have, id expect the car to make 260whp very easily.

id probably do 650cc injectors on this setup, it will still leave you a little room to grow if you ever decide to go bigger.

What fuel will you be using? High compression + turbo is a good E85 candidate.

i have seen a couple guys use pro2 cams for turbo, but it was big psi big hp stuff, and adjustable cam gears are a must. for your application i think you might be better off selling them and just using itr or gsr cams.

as far as injectors i would think you need 550s minimum for 93 octane, but 650 or 750 would be good too.

with 11:1 i bet you could make 300+ whp at 6lbs with the right setup. my motor put down 280/212 at 7.5psi at only 9.6:1 cr. and that was with minimal tuning, never even adjusted cams.

I have pro series cam gears and for fuel I would like to use premium there are two locations that I can get E85 but its kind of a pain in the ass to do. It's bored to 83mm on stock sleeves so I really dont wanna run over 300 but I have a feeling I'll be close, so with that being said I'll probably have to sleeve it later on down the road. I just wanna get the car on the road I'm 20 and I started building this motor last may when the itr swap I bought the car with blew a month after I bought it and being young and dumb I dove into an all motor application which I wish I wouldn't have done, so I'm just trying to make do with what I have at this point. Like I said I'm not gonna beat the piss out of this motor I want it reliable but fun and 190whp in a n/a motor isn't gonna be fun so i'd be fine with 260whp at even 5lbs of boost just wanted to see what the experts had to say. If any one has any more advise feel free to let me in. I definitly think it would be fun to boost it my head flows alot of air I have a skunk2 I/M with 68mm T/B and 2 3/4" exhaust from the header back so I dont see why I would have trouble making good power with low boost I just dont wanna be retarded with stock sleeves and wind up with a hole in the cylinder wall.

It's all in the tuning, lots of time on the dyno and someone that knows what they are doing..

yes i agree, it can be completely safe if it is tuned properly. stock cylinders can hold a lot of power if the car is tuned right. i know a couple local guys making over 400 on stock sleeves for a long time now. with the higher compression you jjust have to watch how much timing you put into it.

do you already have someone that tunes the car? i would ask them for advice about what turbo and what power level they feel is best for your setup.

thanks for the help guys I'll update this when the car is done and let every one know what kinda power it makes and what components I wind up using for the turbo setup

Can't wait to see HP's and dyno graph, also a video of it driving.. make sure you do cause we all are pic and vid whore's..

Back