turbo j-spec gsr problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floridachill71

Lean and Mean
guys, besides the fact that the car idles like shit, when im driving it but just easing into it, it rides fine. but as soon as i give it a little gas, try to kick up the rpms and hit some boost, it starts jerking around and sounding like it misfires a lot. just bogs down making terrible noises like it wants to die or blow up almost. ive been told to change to a colder plug (ngk 3330?), and check the IM for vacuum leaks. Ive checked good and cant find one to cause the idle to jump around like it does. and would spark plugs really cause all that? whats goin on with my car guys?

has it been tuned? what kind of fuel system? sounds like to much fuel. have a friend that has 95 teg gsr boosted he was getting to much fuel backed up it would idle like shit and when he would get on it the thing would just sputter and bog down.....got it tuned with the aem ems and now runs fine with no traction on 10 lbs ran a 13.62.......hopefully this info is helpfull:)

its runnin a turbonetics fmu that came with the kit. everything was supposed to be preprogramed for the two lucas 440 injectors that attatch to the charge pipe. the other four are stock. and ive got a walbro 255hp. so too much fuel then? this things been a pain in my ass. maybe just scrap the fmu and get it tuned with hondata? only problem is is that theres no where i can get this baby tuned. thats why i was relying on this pregromamed shit.

scrap the fmu they are shit.. go with the hondata s300, chrome, maybe if the pockets are deep an aem ems...on the flip side it doesnt matter what type of managment system you use find a good tuner not just a ricer shop with a dyno they will blow your stuff up.. its worth the 60,80, or even 100 an hour to get tuned right...might go with a blitz sbc-id boost controller or a multi setting system that will let you set up a few boost settings so it will be running right at your street setting and one for your track setting. sorry so long good luck let us know what you do and how it works out:)

Back