turbo kit differences (between gens)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stylieee

what differences would there be between a turbo kit designed for a 4th gen prelude, and one made for a 5th gen lude? and would it be difficult to fit one designed for a 5th gen onto a 4th gen?

in what way? would i have to scrap all the piping that comes with it to get it to fit on a 4th gen, or is it just a case of cutting a bit off here and there?

you wont really know if it is either of those questions you just asked, so you may have to cut off alittle but i dont really know. get the kit and try the piping if you need all new pipiing get it. if you can use it, use it, but have you may have to cut and reweld.

There is a guy on www.thepartstrader.com selling a 97+ Prelude Turbo kit modified to fit a 4th generation Prelude. You should drop him an e-mail and ask what he had to do (he mentioned cutting some piping).

Being a Prelude person, I coulnd't even tell you what differences you will experience.

possibly the style of fuel enrichment? i don't know about preludes enough to tell you whether or not this is a difference, but i'm sure you know the differences in fuel delivery between the two generations (is no fuel return line, etc)

Back