Turbo kit done for my CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CSaddict

Well I'm done building my turbo kit and I am just waiting on some gaskets. I know most people like the sound of a wastegate with an open dump tube but I am not one of those people. The CRX is getting a plumbed in dump tube. Here are the pics. I will do a full install write up if I get my gaskets before it fucking snows!

Here is my messy hostile work environment with some crap I built.

wMTEyNDI5NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Here is the mani, turbo, wastegate, downpipe and dump tube assembled.

wMTEyNDI5MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNDI5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNDI5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

The downpipe is 3" stainless steel but the tubing for the WG isn't. I couldn't find any locally and was sick of waiting. Hopefully it will be a running turbo CRX this weekend. Everything is already done, oil pan, injectors, charge pipes. everything. Just need to get my T3 and WG gaskets. So far it looks like I bought the CRX and turbo'd it for under $1000.

looking good..

..what bends did you use for the DP...two 45deg bends or two 90deg...i need one of those but with a vband....

that called, fabbed from a straight section. dave is my partner in crime,

he does awesoem work as well.

hmt ne crew reppin like silk boxers

well listen man.... LMK how long itl take you guys to make me a dp.... and some short charge pipes

doesnt matter, mani configuration, wg placement, intercooler, ect.

its all a varialbe

hell yea. Thats the way to do it. I did the same with mymanifold, but made a short tubular style instead. I never thought a manifold like that would fit in my car especially with the wastegate out like that....what motor mounts you using?

i hope you and hotrex go to the track....i would like to see video and time slips....i love a good FI D build....

Back