turbo kit vs. piecing one together

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlhernandez86

I've been planning on boosting my stock B16 for a while now. I have just about everything except for the turbo, and fuel management. I want to run a safe setup with out worring about blowing my motor. I have heard that buying a greddy turbo kit or some other kit is a better idea, because they have invested the time and money in making it safe. So should i finish piecing mine together or sell and get a greddy turbo kit. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
if youre already that close just finish the deal. is the car obd1? if so you can just have the ECU chipped and have a professional tune it

provided the tune is right, and you have quality parts, that setup will be just as reliable as any greddy kit

I just dont want to blow my motor, so I want something reliable. Thats my biggest set back.

that will mainly depend on the tune, just make sure you get that ecu chipped and tuned before you go out driving it around

it doesnt take much abuse with the car running lean to fry the rings or damage other parts

yeah you could just either trailor the car to a dyno to have to tuned, or you could have a base map made from a company and use that (wont make the most power but you wont blow your engine) or you could just do both, get a base map made drive it to the dyno then you could even tell them "hey it's running rich here, it's lean here" things like that

Back