turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicext

whats going on?? i am in the market to get a turbo kit.. did not know if it was be better to get the hole kit or just peace it together with what i want.. it dos not mater to me i looking at getting about 600 hp out of it. i just need to see whats is betterand get every one thots on it. :ph34r:

Your wanting 600 hp produced from the turbo kit?

That's one hell of a goal, I'd go with a custom kit..

you have no idea what you're doing. seriously.

if you have to ask this question, you will never be able to pull off a build of this nature. no way, no how.

start reading, stop dreaming.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2004, 11:30 PM
you have no idea what you're doing. seriously.

if you have to ask this question, you will never be able to pull off a build of this nature. no way, no how.

[post=403565]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

your gonna need more then a turbo kit, your need a turbo build for that goal. That means an engine built around the basis of a turbo application.

Whoa don't expect to be reaching anywhere near 600whp from homemadeturbo.com.

You will need more than just a turbo kit. As Jeff (UDT) mentioned already if you want your motor to last more than 10 minutes with that kind of power, you will need to build the block to handle that kind of horsepower. Expect to be spending anywhere from $15-$20,000 to reach your 600whp goal. Is this a track car or will this be for steet use? (For the sake of others on the road I hope it's not a street car).

Originally posted by UDT+Oct 16 2004, 11:42 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 16 2004, 11:30 PM
you have no idea what you're doing.  seriously.

if you have to ask this question, you will never be able to pull off a build of this nature.  no way, no how.

[post=403565]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

your gonna need more then a turbo kit, your need a turbo build for that goal. That means an engine built around the basis of a turbo application.
[post=403569]Quoted post[/post]​

listen 2 these guyz. cuz thats exactly what u have 2 do. n after u build a turbo motor, check out turbonetics. they sell some sick turbo kit for gain like u want. n i hear good things about their reliability 2. just please realize what 600 hp can do and keep it safe.

I think some of my brain dripped onto the floor...

If you are going to build a 600whp street car, I don't think you understand the magnitude of that. 600 Horsepower streetcars are somthing that shops and tuning houses pour their resources in to make a dream come true. We're talking all custom, big dollar corperate budget type stuff.

600 horsepower track cars are built by middle-class men in mid-life crisis, and the hick-folk with their 79 TA that they've had since high-school.

Jump on Honda-Tech and search for Oaks Racing. I want you to guess how long it took them to make that Prelude, and how much money. And it still isn't done. This isn't somthing you do with a tax return because you feel like it. This is a 3+ year engagement for a regular guy. I doubt many of us could even keep a girl that long (they're too expensive anyway).

Re-evaluate what is feasible.

-Nate

Originally posted by ktanaka@Oct 17 2004, 11:51 PM
If you want 600hp, honda isn't your place to be looking.
[post=403983]Quoted post[/post]​

its posible just not probable.

I know, thats what im saying. Its too expensive and doesn't make sense in a honda.

i know i have to get the block resleeved and all other stuff done too pluss i have to get the head done to help with the turbo. its going to be a street car pluss i will be taking to the track to so often and plus i will have to drive it around 13lbs to be able to keep it on the street.. and for the bottom end were talking about doing a stroker kit or leaving it stoke :ph34r:

Originally posted by civicext@Oct 19 2004, 12:22 PM
i know i have to get the block resleeved and all other stuff done too pluss i have to get the head done to help with the turbo. its going to be a street car pluss i will be taking to the track to so often and plus i will have to drive it around 13lbs to be able to keep it on the street.. and for the bottom end were talking about doing a stroker kit or leaving it stoke :ph34r:
[post=404698]Quoted post[/post]​

:nobreed:

thanks for your helping on this guy. i am going to peace the turbo kit together and use the stuff i want to use on the turbo set up. but i amm going to keep it oppened to see what every says about it.., i only get one chance on this build up ...lol :D :ph34r:

how long do you expect this streetable 600 hp motor to last exactly?

maybe you should get big block hp figures out of your head and then reconsider a honda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back