turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
so lets see a run down of the peaces??? PIECES, you plan on using...

whatcha running for managment?
how about a manifold?
and injectors?
pistons?
rods?
valve train?
sleeves?

drive a 300 hp civic. then kindly take your head out of your ass and realize that most pro FWD cars are in the 600 area.

at or about the 400 hp range, pump gas becomes no longer an option. if you want to drive on $7 a gallon race gas, be my guess.
at or about the 350 whp range, street tires become useless, even in 5th gear. if you want 120hp civics to smoke you because they actually WENT somewhere when they hit the gas, and you just did a 5 gear burnout, be my guess.
at or about the 300whp range, you need a complete fuel system, management, standalone. if you want to avoid this, be my guest and go boom.
you don't need a stroker kit to hit 600 hp on a gsr. you don't even need a larger bore.
you just need to have the knowledge to build it up with parts that work with each other, can sustain the power level, and do it all the time.

i just don't think you know what you're getting yourself into. you see a number and go OMG that must be fast y0! i want it.

what you don't understand are the workings of it, the cost of it, the poor to good at best reliability of it, the problems, the years its going to take to build, and the fact that its beyond un-necessary.

a 400 hp civic will hang with a 750 hp camaro given the right environment. power to weight ratio is a bitch.
and dont even talk about 1000 hp supras. cuz they still run 11's- much like their 500 hp other built supras. they just can't put the power down to do anything useful. and neither will you.

If your not gonna leave your car stoke, then your prolly gonta need to git your peaces from a place wit good rep :ph34r: You don't seem like the smart that makes trubo custom :ph34r: Mebe you shuld stay with the stoke civic and save your money to git a new car that is faster with out trubo peaces :ph34r: Or use teh mone to go to communatie collage :ph34r:

who do you work for? I want a job with them!! If you want 600 hp you better have a shit load of money. and dont tell me you plan on using this car on the street. If you do, uh..you better like put super glue on your tires or something....
I know this kid has a turbod civic hatch puts out like 300whp, and it can spin the tires through 4th.

Originally posted by [Freemantle
,Oct 19 2004, 02:25 PM]If your not gonna leave your car stoke, then your prolly gonta need to git your peaces from a place wit good rep :ph34r:  You don't seem like the smart that makes trubo custom :ph34r: Mebe you shuld stay with the stoke civic and save your money to git a new car that is faster with out trubo peaces :ph34r: Or use teh mone to go to communatie collage :ph34r:
[post=404797]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo:

Somedays I love this website..... :lol:

Oh yeah... PAGE 2 OWNED!!!!!

for the topic i posted most poeple thank i am "blowing it out my ass". i asked a question in the forum to see what people thank. when poeple can't say nothing good about some thing why post it. cause all its going start shit in the room. i set goals for my self to shoot for but if i make it or not at least i tryed to do it.. were in the planning stages of it.. we have a few ideal for what were wanting to do.. if it take a few moths to do i will take me a few moths i do not care.

but if you also look at what i had said about were i was going to drive the car at witch is 13lbs of boost with the car is not going to make close to 600hp

my writing on here.. if people don't like it oh well.. i am not perfect and i am not here to find a j-o-b.. im here to have fun chat and see whats is going on out there..

for the guy question about what stuff i have a hondata right now i am running in the car witch is good for 27lbs of boost, and piston and rod i been looking at cp,crower,eagle that just a few there,and for the head i going to use port flow vavles and retainers.. going with over sized valve witch i am looking at a few companys right now like rev, ferrea.. those are just a few.. if the hondata dos not work out i am going to try the aem ems. one thing we are going to do is go with coil pacs. they have a better curve to them at high rev.. for he sleeving thats going to golden eagle to get that done :ph34r:

for those who do not like me
:321:
and for those who gave me some ideal i thank you guys alot

Originally posted by civicext@Oct 20 2004, 04:00 PM
In this topic I posted I thanked most people (blowing it out my ass). I asked a question in the forum to see what people to thank. When poeple speak well about something why post it? Because it's going shit in the room. I set goals to shoot myself- and if I make it or not, at least I tried. Were the planning stages ideal?  It may require some moths, but I don't care.

If you also look at what I said about where I was going to drive the car at- A witch's 13lbs isn't going to make 600hp.

My writing on here: if people don't like it oh well. I'm not perfect, but I still manage to find work. I'm here to have fun chat (this scares me), and see whats is going on outside.

I have a Hondata (IM Gasket?). Right now I am running in the car (from the police?). Witch's are good for 27lbs of boost. Piston & rod I've been looking at are CP, Crower, Eagle(talon?) and any other company I can think of. On the head I'm going to use a couple buzzwords like port, and flow, and valves, and retainers. I think those are in a head. Rev(hard?) and Ferrari make over-sized valve witches. If the Hondata Dos (that is "two". Apparently there is a sequal to Hondata... and it is in Spanish) not work out, I am going to try the aem ems (because it definately is the software's fault). We are going to go with coil Pacs (new east coast rapper). They have a better curves to them at high rev (because more curves are better). For he-sleeving (Another new term that scares me), that's going to golden eagle to get done. 

If you don't like me:
:wave:
For those who gave me some ideals,  I think you guys a lot.
[post=405273]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't ever leave Honda-Swap. You're hillarious.

I'm about to call GE and ask about their "he-sleeving" service....

hey freemantle i have to give it to you on what you wrote it was too funny.. if you get a chance you need to write a book on that stuff you just wrote it had my rolling :worthy: :bo:

First off, Freemantle, that was frickin hiliarious.

Second, Can you build a 600 WHP honda. YES. Can it be driven daily? YES. There are currently 3 Civics right now in the Atl that are running between 460 WHP and 602 WHP. It can be done. As for the cost and time. Yeah it will take more than a tax refund to build it. As for launching or racing, ever heard of a variable boost controller. Sard has a three stage boost controller with push button capability. Damn, boost one, boost two, and scramble. Does it work, yes.

As for a 1000 hp supra only running 11's. There is one here in GA running in the 8's. Now you might have wanted to make strictly a street car comparisson instead of talking about drag cars, next time clarify which one you mean and don't leave room for error in your post. Oh and yes, there are some supras driven daily that are tappin the 10's.

This board was meant to help people, not flame them or put them down because you think it can't be done. Oh and to prove my point, here is one of the civics

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=834580
Here is the latest dyno of my street car. The graph looks funky because I have to start on low boost and switch to high boost in the middle of the run. The tires still spun on the dyno but not nearly as bad as just running on high boost. This was done with about 20 miles on the new motor and eagle rods. My manley rods were damaged when my oil pump broke.
26psi c116

B18c1
CP 10:1 84.5mm
Eagle Gsr Rods
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Balanced Gsr Crank
ACL Bearing
Polk Performance CNC Head w valve train
JG Intake Manifold
JG Throttle Body
ITR Cams 0,0
small 1.5" log manifold
3" Downpipe
Hondata s200
Precision 1000cc
Precision 750HP Intercooler
2.5" Piping
PT67 T4 .68
Tial 40mm 19psi
Cryoed ACT Xtreme
Croyed ACT Ultralight Flywheel
Cryoed Oil Pump
Fluiddamper Crank Pulley
Gsr Tranny cryoed
Quaife LSD cryoed
TCI Axles
SX Fuel System
-10/-6 Lines (fast-turbo.com)

If I think of anything else I will add it later.

and here is another set up putting down 600 WHP

1998 Honda Civic cx
65,000 miles on body, less then 400 on build
Mechanical mods
-Bensons sleeved /o-ringed B18c (83.5mm bore)
-JE pistons 10.0:1
-Crower rods
-Micro polished crank
-Moroso oil pan
-Mocal oil cooler
-Full-Race exhaust manifold
-Tial 46mm wastegate
-Tial 50mm bov
-HKS T51r turbo (custom spec.)
-Spearco intercooler core (28”w 10.5”h 3.5”d)
-Meziere electric water pump
-Fluidyne radiator
-Fully ported and polished head
-JUN stage 2 cams
-JUN valve springs/ titanium retainers
-JUN cam gears -
-ARP studs
-SX fuel pump/filter/ fpr
-RC Engineering 880cc injectors
-Golden Eagle intake manifold (port matched to head and throttle body)
-Golden Eagle scatter shield
-BBK 70mm throttle body
-Place Racing motor mounts
-Custom 3-inch exhaust w/ v-band flanges, HPC coated
-JUN titanium muffler
-Custom PCV system into exhaust
-All braided stainless lines (fuel, vac. Etc.)
Driveline
-Driveshaft shop stage 5 axle/hub
-ACT xtreme duty pressure plate
-Clutchnet 4 button race disc
-JUN lightweight flywheel
-Quaife LSD

This board was meant to help people, not flame them or put them down because you think it can't be done. Oh and to prove my point, here is one of the civics

ok, so what are you trying to prove exactly???

we all know 600 hp civics can be built... but why???

and they can be built, but not by THIS guy...
did you ever read his posts???
i am in the market to get a turbo kit.. did not know if it was be better to get the hole kit or just peace it together with what i want.. it dos not mater to me i looking at getting about 600 hp out of it.

the ONLY way this guy is gonna get a 600 hp civic is if he sells all his possessions, sells his soul, and then sells a kidney, take all the proceeds and the car and drop them off to someone who knows how to build...

Ok, so he is not the best poster in the world. He does need some direction. Instead of flaming him for wanting to build it, offer advice. Talk to omniman, turbodave, or tell him to send an email to HKS tech dept and ask their lead developer what he suggest and if they offer a turbo for his setup that would be correct. Or if you know of a shop or builder that could do it, recomment them. Do I think he has the capability to sit down and develop and create a 600 whp honda? NO. Could I offer him leads on where to go and possibly find the correct information and maybe the person to build the motor? YES

It seems that most of the people in the import scene have now become assholes with an I am better than anyone else complex. F&F put a negative image on the scene and sparked a whole new breed of rice and put a bad taste in all of out mouths. But to flame someone because you THINK you know the answer, and you THINK you know the situation they are in is utter bullshit. You started out just like anyone else did, someone had to help you along and get you to the point you are at now. You might have read about it, worked along side someone, or tried to do it on your own and maybe figure it out or blow it up. Either way, it is a learning process and to see a person ask a question to gain insight and only get flamed and tell him not to do it. THAT IS FUCKED UP. And it does not speak too much of this board.

Ever think he might be running race gas to hit the high numbers? Damn get a fucking life.

you do realize who rusn this site right?
so with all due respect i think he can say what ever the fuck he wants to this kid...

i think the reason he got flamed is cause he has no idea what he's talking about...
and the way most of us learn is to do research
and someone linked the homemadeturbo.com site, so there's his "direction"

i'm sick of the people that expect someone else to do the research and post a simple to understand lame answer for them...
if he had shown any understanding of the car we would not have flamed him, but when someone comes on here and says whats the best turbo kit to make 600 hp on a street car while leaving the motor stoke... you gotta expect to get flamed with a question like that...

True. I can understand that but at the same time you don't have to give him an in depth answer as much as telling him where to go to find the information or who to send an email to and ask.

And I really don't care who runs this site. I have my opinions and beliefs.

refrences were supplied...

I have my opinions and beliefs.

you have a post count of 5 and you are already posting shit off of hondatech to try and tell us that you can build a 600hp street civic...

its simply inaccurate, and if your all your opinions are this misguided then i don't give a shit what you have to say...

keep incorrect info to yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back