turbo lines and sump help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wardatron

i recently decided to go turbo and need to know where to purchase the fittings and oil lines from for a B16 also does any1 have any pictures of ther turbo sumps so i know where to drill for the oil return hose and also does evryone get there oil feed from a T piece between the block and oil presure switch

It does not matter which engine the oil line is for, you need to pick the line for the turbo. ie T3/T4 etc... I think all the kits use the oil sensor as the location for supply. Just mock up the turbo where it will mount and hit up your hardware store for a large hose barb for the pan. Pick a spot on the pan that is higher up, you want it above the oil supply for draining purposes. And have at it with a hole saw. I then JB welded the barb in on the outside and the inside and after drying it does not leak and its not going anywhere. I did not want to weld the pan being that they are thin steel and I don't want the pan to be exposed to the heat warping issue. I got my supply line from ebay, you just get a kit, but I did swap out the -4 supply line for a 4 foot line so I would run it without having any issues of length. Also when you are setting it up remember you can rotate the turbo center section to get the best supply and drain line runs. As a pointer, be very careful about the lines, if they are too close to the manifold they will melt. I first tried running the line behind the turbo and due to too much heat melted the supply and was parked for a couple of days while I found another line not to mention the mess... Anyway, good luck!

what does a barb look like (sorry new to this) and could i use banjo fittings or could you point me in the direction of a website that will sell them or that has pictures

cheers

Check out homemadeturbo.com there are photos of everything there, just spend some time and go through the projects. Ebay turbo oil line for other photos.

Back