Turbo LS Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lunch_box

I'v been playing around with the idea of getting a 92-95 civic coupe and going turbo. I was thinking of swaping in a B18 LS motor and going turbo. I'd like to go non-vtec if possible but get into the 13's. How hard would this be to do? Any recomendations on engines that are good for turboing? I dont' really want to go b16 cause i want some decent low and midrange torque. Also, how much $$ would a setup like this approx. cost?

b18b1 is perfect for a low budget turbo project. It's low compression makes it somewhat easy to tune and puts out decent hp. The swap itself should cost around $1000-1500. You can build yourself a homemade turbo kit for under a $1000. Numbers vary, but let's say you did this set up:

Stock B18b1 Swap $1500
T3 Turbo $200
DSM intercooler $100
DSM BOV $50
DSM injectors $65
Ebay FMU $65
Revhard manifold $250
Custom piping $250
Miscellaneos parts $300

Set the wastegate to 8 psi, you should be lookin at at least 230 whp. I'm also doin a set up similar to that, ET's are really dependant on the driver, if your a shitty driver your gonna get shitty ET's, if your a good driver it'll put u into the 13s. I think a set up like that as an everyday driver would be nice and worth your money. I don't blame you for not going with a b16 I dont like the lack of low end torque either (I'm not hatin on anyone, just my opinion).

Back