1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo ls or SC b16

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by ripperbone, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

well I wanted to do a poll but guess you cant in the FI section

so I have a question and need your opnions
    should I turbocharge my ls motor with a turbonetic t3/t4 57 trim 63 ar turbo or I have the chance to get a b16 and a JRSC. I am looking to do FI but been pondering the 2 different ideas.

is the turbo to big for my motor? i am looking to do 240 hp or even more.

so heres the deal. I found JRSC for a good price, but its been 2 weeks of asking the guy to get me pictures of everything he has and finally yesterday he shows me some pictures but from the looks of it there is still pieces missing from the supercharger. and he is hard to get ahold of I get maybe one email a day from him. the supercharger is for a b16 so hince the b16 motor. i guy local has a b16 and would trade my xbox360 for it.

now the turbo is local so I can go look at it. the guy is selling turbo, FMIC and piping. so I would need a few things to complete the turbo.

so whats your opnions?

2. preludebuddy

preludebuddy Senior Member

if you want to take a ride in my car sometime you can...you could get a feel for a boosted b16. I'm pretty busy till thursday next week with work though. dont know if you need to make a decision by then.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

LS turbo > JRSC B16 ... unless you want a quick response autocross setup or something for a tight road course.

4. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

well its looking more towards the turbo. the sc is missing some pieces and it would cost 500 to replace them

5. phunky.buddha

Ouch. You don't want to buy something used just to fix someone else's mistakes.

6. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

well today I got pictures of the JRSC and the guy has all the pieces to it, he had another box with parts and found the missing pieces, and he is asking 900 for the SC, I been looking at turbos for the ls motor and found a complete greddy kit with rc 440 injectors, BOV, FMIC, boost controller, and turbo timer for 1200, but the guy hasnt gotten ahold of me on the shipping charges, so its still in the air on what i want to do

7. phunky.buddha

Stock Greddy kit doesn't have an intercooler... but that can be fixed for about $200-250.

8. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

yea i know that, it also doesnt have a bov either. this guy has a greddy intercooler, greddy bov, rc 440 injectors, greddy turbo timer, greddy boost controller, and the greddy kit for a b-series and all for 1200 so not to bad at all on the price, he also wanted to give me to take the exhast he had, but it wont fit on my car, now i am just waiting on him to give me the shipping charges

9. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

once again.
    I would go for the Turbo LS kennDoGg

Maybe you can keep up with me... :p

10. phunky.buddha

Ah. Very good deal then.

11. preludebuddy

what are you gonna use for tuning?

12. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

I am planning on getting hondata s300 from TC performance, unless someone has any other options

13. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Fuck a JRSC B16. Turbo the LS. more displacement, better FI setup. Turbo all the way.

14. preludebuddy

you could cheap out...and go with crome. I'd suggest neptune with jeremy (servion). thats what I'll end up doing. his customer service is top notch...he also got 430 whp out of my old stock gsr motor for eric, which is pretty damn impressive. neptune will probably end up costing a little bit less than s300 and have just as many options. plus his tuning price per hour is a little bit less than tobi. you'll get a good tune either way.
    I should be on my way up to my friends place in ft. collins sometime at the end of this week or next. I'll give you a call when it happens.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted