1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Ls

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by vanishingblackspeed, Mar 5, 2003.

1. vanishingblackspeed

vanishingblackspeed Junior Member

ive decided on getting the ls swap for my civic. wondering what turbo would be best for powerful daily driver and what internal mods ill need

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

im using the 60-1 hifi on a stock ls...if you are gonna be runnign over ~10 psi i would think about building the motor up for a little peace of mind

Another great choice would be a 57 trim t3/t04e

3. Bri94lst

Bri94lst Senior Member

what kind of goals do you intend in achieving? Budget? That would help us ....

4. vanishingblackspeed

budget of around 5-7 g's. i can get an ls for 1500 and wanted to know what ill have to build to run the turbo safely and what company to go with. its will mainly be daily driver for now. does greddy use the 57 trim t3/t04e ??

5. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

I'm not sure but I think he meant Turbonetics turbo.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

right. thats a garret/turbonetics turbo, not a greddy.

7. vanishingblackspeed

thanks for clearing it up
    solreaver, have you run into any major problems or has the ls served you strong

8. Bri94lst

Bri94lst Senior Member

you might want to start off with a kit (Fmax, Revhard etc) within your budget. Everything is provided and you learn alot about how it all works when you put it together. After you grasp the concept you can move to bigger and better things, but from the sound of it you just want a little more pep from your daily driver. The kits provide everything you need and no internal modifications are necessary (a block guard would be a good idea though)

9. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

I have to disagree and say that build it once and build it right the first time, even if it does take a little more time and money. It's not worth it to just slap something on and get serious later, thats super expensive in the long run, and doing it right the first time will give you the power you want since you said you want a "powerful daily driver." Dont waste your time and money just to do it all over later. Just my .02 cents....

10. vanishingblackspeed

i was thinking about getting the skunk2 manifold right when my swap is put in, anyone know the quality/specs on that. besides that, what would be a good start if i build it up a little before the turbo. i guess changing to turbo cams before having the turbo would be kinda pointless.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

skunk2 IM is a good deal. good part.

12. dwn2low

dwn2low Senior Member

don't put the turbo cams in till you have the turbo. They will suck especially if you are driving it everyday. I am turboing my LS now. I have it out of the car and have my 1.5 in. I buy something new every month almost finished. I got JE pistons 8:5:1 i belive, they are bored 20 over. I have egal rods, crowler cams, Skunk2 manifold, 340 injectors Aem fuel rail/game gears SCI ignition, Light weight fly wheel, ACT clutch, Hasport mounts, and an AEN computer. All i need is the kit and the block guard. Once i get that i'm taking it to the Speed shop to have it bored out and all head work done with new springs retainers and valves. Cost alot but I want to do it right. It hurst when people blow bym with my 1.5 but then I think, hmmm this summer i'll be blowing by them. LOL :spin:

13. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

lol@ 340cc injectors and a built motor

:lol:

14. dwn2low

dwn2low Senior Member

Thats what I got so far what do you think I should get ? I c an always sell them lol.

Thanks Mark

15. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

find some 600s man just like a garden hose

haha j/k. I don't know horseshit about injector size, although it seems like you are going pretty large, 340s sounds close to me. I think he is just laughing at the fact that for n/a setups you don't need 340s

16. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

17. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Uhh... says who? I'll need to dump my 310s soon for something larger... 440s or 550s should fit the bill nicely. Yes, that's in an all-motor application.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted