Turbo Management

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, whats the deal with Greddy's E-Manage software? I was looking at their website and i do know it is a piggyback controller that can perform a wide variety of functions. I am wondering if the unit is universal or if it is Vehicle specific and i am also wondering if it comes with any type of ignition control device to cut back spark and prevent detonation.

If you dont know, i am planning on turboing my B16 using the Greddy turbo kit for the 99SI, and i want to use E-manage if it will work since it comes with the kit (i can have it taken out, but im getting it at cost from a distributor).

e-manage is an over-glorified VAFC.

its the same price as hondata. i don't know why you are even considering it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2004, 11:56 PM
e-manage is an over-glorified VAFC.

its the same price as hondata. i don't know why you are even considering it.

Im considering it because if i buy the 00SI kit it comes with it (and i get the 00si kit at cost).

So, the software is not ECU or OBD specific?

- thanks b

emanage is not the blue box.

emanage is a vafc with some half-assed timing controls.

Originally posted by Greddy.com
e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals.

the apex'i is good for +/- 35% at every 500 rpm increments.
For Honda VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information).

more cost-- for the price of this, you could add datalogging or the rom editor to hondata
There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map,

Hondata:
Code:
Hondata expands the factory table size to allow additional columns for boost. Typically the factory 20 x 10 tables are expanded to 20 x 16 cells for the low cam and 24 by 16 cells. This provides 704 tuning positions, more than most replacement ECUs.
so, emange takes a 20x10 and makes it a 16x16. oooooooooooooook...................
larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

so, to me, unless you're running 8 injectors, it's useless.

The bigest problem is that it only supports 30% over stock injector handleing.... which means 370 cc is the largest injector you're going to be able to run with the POS. i know all motor guys running bigger injectors than that. i have 750's in my ride.

some reading

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=716835
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=566257

you're obviously set on getting it, so just get the damn thing already.

and 1 more thing- fuck stupid street.
they wouldn't know their ass from a vtec solenoid if the blow off valve hit them in the eye

Fuck any publication in general. If you know anything about your car, you will see the advice they give is retarded. In reply to a kid asking if he could drop in an accord V6 motor into his 92-96 Prelude, they replied...

"You should swap in a JDM H22a with a Jackson Racing Supercharger. It's easier, it'll blow the doors off the V6 and it's cooler to boot."

I challenge them to find 92-96 preludes with a JRSC in it. It's so much fabrication that they'd be better of with h23/VTEC. I doubt there are more than 20 Preludes of that generation in the WORLD that have that setup. Why pay that much when you could turbo?

*Anyway*
If you are going to go with the Profec sytem, whatever. You're getting it *at cost*. I'd sell it on Ebay and buy a good p28 Hondata system.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2004, 12:46 AM
The bigest problem is that it only supports 30% over stock injector handleing.... which means 370 cc is the largest injector you're going to be able to run with the POS. i know all motor guys running bigger injectors than that. i have 750's in my ride.

some reading

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=716835
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=566257

you're obviously set on getting it, so just get the damn thing already.

and 1 more thing- fuck stupid street.
they wouldn't know their ass from a vtec solenoid if the blow off valve hit them in the eye

No, im not set on getting it, im just totally confused as to what it does - i keep getting mixed responses.

Ill stick with the tried/true AFC hack or Hondata.

the afc hack is FAR from tried and true. It's dubbed the hack for a reason.... it's a hack job.... ghetto engineering. I personally know liam- the dude who "stumbled" upon it. he was running an fmu with larger injectors, missing link, and a vafc to tone down the larger injectors.
it was running like crap, so at a gas station, he put it into :hack mode: and was pleased with the reults.
over an fmu, yeah, its better at supplying MORE fuel due to the fact that it uses larger injectors. but, its notorious for part-throttle boggieness and hesiatations, and still doesn't even touch timing- a HUGE factor in boosted cars.
if you can afford it, don't even think about going with anything less than hondata. seriously.
you'll make more power, get better gas mileage, be safer, and not smell like gas all the time from runing uber rich.

hmm I thought e-manage was the glorified name of the blue box. Thats what I get for not paying attention for 4 months.

make your own judgements dude. i'm not here to hold your hand.... jsut to help make you make the right decision.

for a small kit- like the greddy kit- the emanage is a cool thing to have.
but if you're going to be running a serious kit with serious power, you need serious tuning and fuel control

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 8 2004, 02:00 AM
make your own judgements dude. i'm not here to hold your hand.... jsut to help make you make the right decision.

for a small kit- like the greddy kit- the emanage is a cool thing to have.
but if you're going to be running a serious kit with serious power, you need serious tuning and fuel control

No, i agree.

I just wanted to get opinions and what not so i buy the right stuff for my and my setup. thanks

Back