1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Manifold with turbo over trans?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by autox19, Dec 30, 2010.

1. autox19

autox19 Member

I am getting closer to my B16 x1/9 swap. What I am wondering is if anyone knows of a manifold that places the turbo over the transmission. I dont have much room on the exhaust side [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]http://autox19.com/honda/dalesgarage1/images/foto24.html

Before we create the tranny side mount, we want to know if such thing is available as we are going to rebuild a second engine and want to turbo it.

thanks!

Odie

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i dont see anything available.. i know for EVOs and mirages we have those available.

ahh what kind of car is that?

3. autox19

autox19 Member

Looks like I may have to build one myself, which I really didnt want to do (too much math LOL I was going to do the mitsu engine but it is too wide to fit without suspension mods. The swap is going into a Fiat X1/9. it was already a mid engine car so it isnt too rough. one of my buds already did the swap in his (although he started with a MUCH cleaner car) Walter Biswanger's B16 X1/9 Conversion Part 1

Odie

4. autox19

autox19 Member

Although not ideal, looks like I might be going with a vortech supercharger instead. it looks like it will fit better and I dont need a insane powerhouse with 1700 lbs of car Odie

5. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

In My Opoinion a B16 is not a good candidate for a supercharger. The low torque of the B16 is my worry. It will still gain hp and won't be too bad once you are staying between 6-8K rpm's

Do you have the motor already?

6. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

wow thats a pretty cool engine swap. with the limited amount of room, any kind of forced induction will be tight. after reading through the build thread link, the first thing i think of is, why a b16? they are peppy little motors, but a b18c or even a b20/vtec setup would certainly be better with increased displacement, hp, and torque. its common to make over 220whp with a built b series these days. would move that little 1700lb car really well.

7. autox19

autox19 Member

the owner that did the swap recently did the b18c. the biggest reason i did the b16 is the cost i found a running honda with the b16 swap for REAL cheap. it wasnt running well (i posted the issue in the forum and you guys helped me figure out it was in limpmode because of a bad tps.)so the owner sold it cheap. I think I might just leave it the way it is and maybe start looking for a b18 or 20. Odie

8. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

google 'sidewinder'.

A lot of the big guys made them for a while, but no longer do it seems. must be an antiquated design at this point.

9. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

a top mount may be an option as well. there's not a lot of room with honda's either...

[​IMG]

10. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

11. cookeez

cookeez New Member

Turbo manifold

Hi...
    What brand for this turbo manifold?

12. cookeez

cookeez New Member

Hi...
    What brand for this turbo manifold?