1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo manifold

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by rudeludenotmeanthough, Nov 3, 2003.

1. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

i recently got my turbo, and i am planning to boost soo. I own a 1990 prelude 2.0SI.

I dont know of any other stock manifolds that will give enough clearance/fit on my motor, so i am required to make one. Ive seen people make them with designs such as this

[___] [___] [___] [___]
    \ 4 \_ | 3 |_ | 2 |_/ 1 /
    \_________________/

That doesnt seem as though it would flow very well..

I was wondering what you peeps think i should incorporate into my manifold design, and if anyone could give me some webpages or sites to help me figure it out.

My turbo has an internal wastgate, wastegate placement is not a prob, casue i dont need one. But if i do eventually get one, it will be in a "collectiv" spot.

Im not clueless as to what im doing, i just need so ideas, and advise.
    thanx

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

log style manifolds are not really meant for "flow"...more as a plenum to build up exhaust pressure in

some peeps on h-t make over 400 whp on a log style manifold, and to add to that i've never seen a dyno chart that compares two identical setups, one with an equal length tubular mani and the other with a log style

just get some 90 deg bends, a flange for your cyl head and one for your turbo, a welder and have fun :)

3. rudeludenotmeanthough

This is what i have to work with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where my turbo needs to sit. the stock slant of the motor makes it very difficult to deal with..

4. rudeludenotmeanthough

well i have repostioned where i fell the turbo should sit. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted