Turbo Miss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Help!

That being said can boost controllers go bad if so how can I test for this?
My unit is a basic turbonetics set up, two knobs three wires +, -, trigger for two boost levels.
One barb hooks to the turbo and the other to the waste gate. I have changed out all of the vacuum lines, and confirmed good electrical connections.

With moderate acceleration I can get it up to 10 PSI, but if I press the pedal past halfway down or more it acts as if it is starved. The funny thing is the fuel pressure is there, I am really close to giving up and just taking it to a shop.
How do you test a boost controller, how do you test Blow off valve (BOV) and Waste Gate?
Matt if you have some more ideas on what I should look, Is it possible I need to take all the hoses off and check for a blockage. If so how would that occur with a closed system?

You should be able to hear the waste gate opening, if it isn't (or in your case, if it is set to open at more than 10 psi,) then the car will continue to build boost. If the car isn't tuned for the pressure that it reaches, it'll likely run lean which would cause it to cut out or sputter.

Also, the BOV sounds like it is fine. If it were stuck open, you wouldn't be building boost. I am still convinced that this is an issue with the tune. Just because no parts have changed doesn't mean the car doesn't need to be tuned. Changes in atmospheric pressure affect how a car runs as well as ambient air temps.

Matt,

I will take your advice and Tune it, I have most of the bugs out once all the little leaks, creaks and seeps are gone I will run it in to get it tuned.

Thank you

So my most recent triumph was a MAP sensor issue.
My car would randomly start running rough and idle erratically.
The issue was the wires going to the MAP sensor, the previous owner had a 3 Bar GM Map wired. He returned to using the original OEM MAP but used crimp connectors to repair the connection. Those connections began to fail and caused the erratic running issue.

Back