Turbo on a b18b in a 95 teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I am looking into saving some $$$ by keeping my b18b, rebuilding it and adding a turbo. The final goal is to have a daily driver with weekend warrior options. I would like to hit 13.0 to 13.5 sec on the 1/4 mile. Suggestions on what parts to use for a rebuild (aftermarket or honda) and what to use for a turbo.

13's are cake to hit. 7-8 psi on a normal size t3/t04e will get you there.

rebuild? well- you really don't even have to.
I'd suggest getting a good fuel system/hondata instead.

u dont need to rebuild ur bottom end to hit 13 with a turbo

good tuning is what u need

yup- its a common turbo used on hondas... its a hybrid (1/2 and 1/2). t3 on the turbine side allows for pretty quick spool. t04 on the compressor side allows for more power potential.
E stand for the "cover" of the E housing.
the B, E and S housings are common, with b being small (less power potential, quciker time to boost) and the S housing being huge (huge power, long spool time)

Common T3 compressors:
40 trim (20lb/min -- haha...don't even think about it)
45 trim (21lb/min)
50 trim (30lb/min -- probably one of the most common on junkyard turbos, works well for SOHC and LS engines)
60 trim (34lb/min -- biggest "production" T3 compressor, excellent power on D series/LS)
"Super 60" (36lb/min -- note: this is NOT the "60-1" compressor)

Common T04B compressors:
S trim (37 lb/min)
V trim (48 lb/min)
H trim (49 lb/min)

Common T04E compressors:
40 trim (36 lbs/min)
46 trim (41 lbs/min)
50 trim (47 lbs/min)
54 trim (45 lbs/min -- note that the 54 trim flows less than the 50 trim)
57 trim (49 lbs/min)
60 trim (50 lbs/min)

Common T04S compressors:
60-1 (flows a shitload, never seen a compressor map for it)
62-1 (bigger yet -- I believe this is a T04S compressor...correct this if it is wrong)

Performance (listed in order of increasing performance):
A T25 is a straight T25 turbo --> T25 turbine + T25 compressor
A T28 is a hybrid T25/T3 turbo --> T25 turbine + T3 compressor
A T3 is a straight T3 turbo --> T3 turbine + T3 compressor
A T3/T04B is a T3/T04B hybrid turbo --> T3 turbine + T04B compressor (used in Drag kits)
A T3/T04E is a T3/T04E hybrid turbo --> T3 turbine + T04E compressor (more performance than T3/T04B
A T3/60-1 is a T3/T04S hybrid turbo --> T3 turbine + T04S (60-1) compressor

thanks good info. As far as a rebuild my cars has 170K and I am going with the worst cast first. That way if the engine gets inspected and its fine Im a happier camper. Who makes a reliable turbo setup for daily driving?

Alright Loco what you recommend for a turbo, and how much would it cost thru u?

Back