Turbo options.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Well, I'm currently dreaming up what to do with my 92 civic. Currently thinking something along the lines of an LS/VTEC turbo setup. I can do that in chunks. LS swap, then vtec, then turbo... Thing is, I don't have 5 grand laying around to blow on a motor right now So I'm going to have to do it in chunks.

question:

LS/Vtec turbo VS. LS turbo.. is there a huge difference? will vtec help that much with a turbo application? Haven't done my homework on that yet.

The last thought is to do a supercharged H22 (if they even make superchargers for those) Or a turbo H22.. I mean, if I'm going to do it, I had might as well do it all the way... That will take a long time to get the $$$ together and I will be driving the CX stock for a while.

Discuss.

h22 go preludes...

a small turbo on an h22 will easily put you over 250...problem is its an EG hatch. a lot more work involved than an LS turbo or an LS/VTEC turbo.

Id just keep the LS and turbo that with like a GT30R or a GT28R (or something like them if the R isnt in your budget)

5g's for a motor? fuck i will sell you my crx with a b16 for 5g's. A ls motor complete swap you should be able to pick up for 900. if its anymore there ripping you off.

An H22 with a SC will put you right at 5.

But like I said, I don't have 5Gs to blow all at once. I could LS for around 1k, then vtec for around $600, then turbo for around 1500ish.. Being a cheaper route.

i say go the lsvt route......a vtec head flows much better than a ls head....some will say...ill just P&P the ls head and then it will flow better.....sure but a P&P vtec head will flow alot better that a non vtec P&P head..........an h22 is a good choice but you want to boost and an h22 is not worth the issues with FI....m2c

anyway.....lsvt all the way...

why not do a k swap in your civic, get the same hp as a h22

but if your looking for 500 hp, then you have many options.
my buddy that I got my turbo from has a cx hatch like yours but he has a built b16 that is pushing out 630 hp
lsvtec you can get serious hp numbers from, but with 5000 you have a got chance to build what ever you want

Originally posted by ripperbone+Sep 23 2005, 02:28 PM-->
why not do a k swap in your civic, get the same hp as a h22

but if your looking for 500 hp, then you have many options.
my buddy that I got my turbo from has a cx hatch like yours but he has a built b16 that is pushing out 630 hp
lsvtec you can get serious hp numbers from, but with 5000 you have a got chance to build what ever you want
[post=559414]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't have 5 thousand.

I don't want 500 HPs.. 300 would make me smile ear to freakin ear.

Can you even get a k series for 5 thousand?? For that kind of money, I'd rather a turbo H22 to be honest..

pissedoffsol
@Sep 23 2005, 03:11 PM
save you rmoney, enjoy the cx gas mileage.
[post=559438]Quoted post[/post]​

I am enjoying the gas mileage, but this little fucker is just TOO slow.. I mean, as a daily driver its barely functional. I can't pass without 3 miles running room.. Gettting onto a freeway is a nightmare.. No acceleration at all.

SO: Question.. LS turbo VS. LS/V turbo running somewhere around 8 psi.. What is the difference in power? I know you can't tell me exactly but can you ballpark? Is the Hassle of vtec worth it if you go turbo?

well when you bolt a vtec head to a non vtec block you can see a gain of up to 35hp +/-

how about just a stock LS? 100 bucks, plenty of pep

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 23 2005, 03:11 PM-->
save you rmoney, enjoy the cx gas mileage.
[post=559438]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
pissedoffsol
@Sep 23 2005, 03:39 PM
how about just a stock LS? 100 bucks, plenty of pep
[post=559459]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Dude, just buy a quad or something.

OK, you want more power. I'd straight swap an H22, UNLESS you find a good deal on the LS or LSVTEC swap. I think your car will cruise with whatever choice you make. An H22 will put you in low numbers, with sweet stock torque.

Turbos cost more than the harware. All of your options are feasible, and can work well. Your goals will make the demands, just adjust them to meet the supply.

PS: I'm buzzed, so I hope that makes sense.

Back