Turbo OR All Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_Accord_Ex

88_CRX_DX
I was wondering which is a better way to go with my d16z6. Ive been on other forums who are devoted to turbo, but im unsure. I would like some input. I have around 1500 to spend, if i am getting a turbo kit i am looking for a FULL kit, which includes an fmu. And im not sure what i can do with just building the motor. Anything will help guys thanks.

Inless you go with nitrous your going to need more then $1500 to build your motor up to make that hp with all motor.But then your going to need more then that to make a turbo set up for your car inless your willing to do some fab. onn your own

if seen kits go on other sites for under 1000 so i cant see how i would need to spend that much on a kit to make it.

Is there a specific site that the greddy kit is going for that much? Also if anyone is selling a kit i think thats the way im going to go, i was thinking about nitrous but i dont feel like having to fill the bottle everytime i use it.

ok

what year s the civic?

are you mechanically inclined?

i would build a kit instead of buying one. you get a lot of crap with most of the kits. like fmu and piggy back systems
SEARCH AND RESEACH YOUR GOALS
then
buy
new turbo
used manifold /dp
440+ injectors
p28/chipped ecu
intercooler
charge pipe kit
WG
vacuum log

and an extra D16

by buying the right turbo/parts for your application you can make more power down the road with the same cash.

The car is a 94 with a d16z6, i manage a mechanic shop, i am ok at mechanical stuff. I am looking to buy a whole kit as i am not too good at peicing everything together and making it fit. Thats my only logic behind it all. plus im impatient and want something soon. i know im going to get bashed here about that but o well

im not gonna lie, if you want BIG power from a honda, you MUST have the cash to do so.. if you dont wanna pay to fully build your engine, go boost. throw ya a nice little vavle package on there, if even that... and just go turbo on stock block, thats what im doing, i dont have 6k to build my B16 na like it would like, so imma go boost.. remember, if you want it to last, NO FMU, there junk.. make sure you go to someone who knows what there doing and have them tune your car, make it good running and reliable, dont buy a ebay kit, but the greddy one or take TIME and peice yours together, ive been peicing mine together now for a couple months. it may not look like i have much, but what i got isnt cheap (execpt for the Bov lol)

I think i have a good deal on my hands, an hf mani, k03 turbo, starion fmic, all the ic pipes, bov, dp for 500 hows that sound? probably picking up in a couple of days, then i still got like 1000 to spend on the injectors, oil lines, ecu and tuning.

that sounds like a good deal for 500 jibbs.. be expecting to spend 300-500 for a GOOD FULL tune.. you will have a VERY reliable and quick car

Back