Turbo or Bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

Ok this summer i am either going to turbo my car or by a motorcyle. I really want a bike, but it seems like it would be hard to drive it around the city and shit. gimme some ideas. thanks

Go-Quad.

21SUPERGOQUAD.jpg

go-quad.jpg

gq-1.jpg

Hah. That thing looks bad ass. I already have quad though (banshee).

I would say Bike. A bike is a cheap method of transportation, easy as hell to work on, and you can take the bike out while the car is being worked on. Win-win.

What city are you talking about? Because I'll be DAMNED if I take a bike to say, New York City. Boston isnt' any better, everyone in Ohio is a retard, and Denver for being wide-open and quiet is full of bad drivers. I can't think of any major city that riding a bike is even slightly rewarding in.

-> Steve

Well i will be living in Saint louis in the fall, going to college, but the city i live in now is perfect for riding. Lots of country roads and no traffic. So i guess i can always bring it back here and ride it.

Turbo......Don;t wanna see you on this Forum as one of those Threads with the title "Another Bike Accident" with a picture of your bike lodged inside a mini van, and your body 400 feet down the rd, missing a bunch of pieces

You'd have fun with a turbo, you could bring it to the track and stuff and the bike will cost more + insurance just my $.02

I know i would have fun with both but i am very afraid of wrecking. But I dont think that it would be my fault if i did wreck a bike. I trust myself and have enough self discipline to not do stupid shit on it. Im just afraid of the other people out there.

Bikes in the city are pointless except for the fact that they are easy to park anywhere. But when your never over 30mph, in bad traffic, on shitty roads, with people flinging their doors open all the time and crazed drivers talking on 6 cellphones and sending mass email from their steering wheel mounted laptop drinking a cup of coffee in their 9 ton SUV - a bike is going to suck.

turbo for the city.

I HAD a turbo civic the main reason I sold it was due to having a bike

huh what turbo civic? bahah yeah thats what happened

once every few months I miss my turbo civic I miss riding my bike almost everyday =(

it's a blast!

but if you're going to be living in the city I wouldnt buy either

sell the car and buy a nice pimp car for the city

if i lived in a city..like downtown boston or somehting, id get an automatic car...something like a monte carlo or something.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 22 2004, 09:47 PM
if i lived in a city..like downtown boston or somehting, id get an automatic car...something like a monte carlo or something.

They do make auto BMWs as with Audis Hmmmm

honestly, unless you get a parking garage with where your living, just buy a beater. Cars get so fucked up in the city if they are parked on the street.

See i wont be in the city all the time. Just during the week. Im going to college in stl and living there during the week but on friday - sunday i am going to my other house which is sorta in the country. so lots of curvy country roads to ride on. A bike is sounding much more fun and easy to me. Also, what kind of bikes you guys like. Im definatly going to get a sportbike. I like gixxers a lot. Also what is the difference between the cbr rr's and f4i's? I know the f4's are faster buy how much faster. The new rr's look pretty sweet too.

Originally posted by ilikepie@Jun 23 2004, 01:15 PM
Also what is the difference between the cbr rr's and f4i's? I know the f4's are faster buy how much faster. The new rr's look pretty sweet too.

the RR is a tad bit more harsher to ride "harder seat" it makes a tad bit more power up top due to having 1K extra RPMs before redline

the F4i is, a few lbs lighter does the 1/4 mile faster then the RR but is not as fast on the top end.

If you get an F4i make sure it's a 2002 or under becuase the newer onces went to a Banana seat as with putting on higher up handle bars to make them less sporty so the RR can take the spotlight for the sport bike and the F4i is more so for the older sport riders =)

Back