Turbo problems on 03 Evo VIII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MazdaAspec

/\ IDIOT ALERT /\
When accelerating to speed the turbo works fine but when I stay at an solid speed it kicks out on me and I have ot continuly let off and push again. What the hell could this be???

I don't know how many people on this site know much about Evo's but good luck finding out information. If you haven't already, I'd try to find a good Evo forum if I was you. I'm sure there are lots of them out there.

check your wastegate and BOV. the OEM evo BOVs suck ass. upgrade to an MR one.

actually just junk your car. it sucks.

Thanks TurboMirage. That helped fix the problem. Junking it that is. I just love the body style of it. Thanks for the good laugh, I needed it it. rep for you my good buddy.

When accelerating to speed the turbo works fine but when I stay at an solid speed it kicks out on me and I have ot continuly let off and push again. What the hell could this be???
A better description would help. What do you mean by "stay at solid speed it kicks out"? Are you in boost? Are you cruising around in closed loop?

my boy had the same problem with his evo. it was a sensor of some sort, i cant remember exactly--im not very familiar with 4g63's. im trying to call him as we speak, but of course the bastards not answering

Back