turbo question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dyno's in your area

you don't need both pistons and a thicker head gasket, if you have money for l/c pistons then go with those over the headgasket, you can spray your stock headgasket with copper seal.

ok kool i am looking thur the site you gave me but what i want to know is where the hell can i find low compression piston for my engine i am looking all i see is h/c and that angers me, by any chance do you know what the cr is on a b18b?

The b18b has a 9.2:1 compression ratio which is pretty low. Most people who decide to turbo their hondas/acuras go with 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 compression pistons. Some people go higher but their motors are built to handle it. You should be alright with a 9.2:1 compression ratio, later you can get the block sleeved and possibly up your compression to 9.5:1 or a little higher.

Try any of these companies for low compression pistons:
JE
Arias
CP
Wiseco
SRP
Endyn

ok i have learned alot on turbos and boosting an engine but how is it that greddy sells a kit with out an IC and it is pushing 7psi of boost how is that posible and when i called them they told me it is all bolt on no need for internal changes. so what do you think can i run 8psi on my stock b16 with a IC? with the fmu and the injectors and so on

Originally posted by mrnice1058@May 18 2004, 06:54 PM
ok i have learned alot on turbos and boosting an engine but how is it that greddy sells a kit with out an IC and it is pushing 7psi of boost how is that posible and when i called them they told me it is all bolt on no need for internal changes. so what do you think can i run 8psi on my stock b16 with a IC? with the fmu and the injectors and so on

yes?

I guess....That was a huge run on sentence.

By bolt on, they mean it dosen't come with rods, pistons, etc--run the boost at your own risk.

A B16 will be able to handle 8psi with an VMU and the correct cc injectors and an IC without internals--whether or not you choose to put them in is up to you.

o no i am going to use a IC and the whole turbo timer and FMU but i think it is wierd that i called them and they told me with that set up you have no need to get any internals changed so i was wondering if i can use my turbo on my b16 at8psi with an IC and be good with it

id say, as a "buy bigger now if you plan to go more"

310cc >200whp
370cc >240whp
440cc >260whp
550cc >300whp
660cc >350whp
720cc >425whp
880cc >500whp
980cc >550whp

there you go.

ok i was looking up some headgaskets what size is the stock b16 head gasket? and what size should i get to lower the compression? o yeah do you know where i can get some 440 injectors?

Back