Turbo questions...need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grod_07

I recently swapped a OBD 1 JDM B18C GSR into my 98 Civic Ex. The next project I wanted to do was install a turbo kit. Can I just install a turbo kit or do I need to do some important things before I get one? I want to run between 300-400 HP. Also what is the best set up for the best price? Please experts help me!!

If you want to run that much power your gunna need to get other parts as well. There are other threads throughout this forum that answer this question, if you read those you will get a pretty good idea of what you need.

The best setup for the best price is on eBay. Type in "Best Turbo Kit Ever" then buy everything that comes up.

Seriously, do some research. If there was a best setup, don't you think everyone would have it?

The best setup for the best price is on eBay. Type in "Best Turbo Kit Ever" then buy everything that comes up.

Dude!!! It's that easy?!? Why didn't anyone tell me this?!?

*surfs over to E-Bay and starts buying crap-tastic turbo parts

I am starting to think that this is the worst place to get help, there is no serious people here, I believe that if you don't have an answer that helps the guy who is asking , is better not to post anything. I have seen this in a lot of threads in honda swap!

and for the thread poster, you have to get sleeved , forged rods and pistons , arp , good guality gasket, nice clutch, , get 750cc injectors .

the rest is turbo kit and tuning !

lol but if i had a dime for every time us 'non serious' regulars had to post that, i'd have a McLaren F1 by now. seriously. this is super searchable.

u can run safely turbo boost at 6-9psi with a boost controller,waste gate,BOV,turbo timer and a small inter cooler and ur oil lines of course

and for the thread poster, you have to get sleeved , forged rods and pistons , arp , good guality gasket, nice clutch, , get 750cc injectors .

the rest is turbo kit and tuning !

I'll tell the jokes around here, k? :)

You do not have to sleeve the block for 300 whp. And you do not need 750cc injectors either.

Just take your car with the swap, boost the stock engine with a decent sized 60 trim, peakboost makes a nice setup for the money. You will need larger injectors, fuel pump, engine management and tuning. Honestly, you can make 300whp easily on the stock engine and still have reliability on pump gas. I've seen and done it before. 11psi, 60trim on stock gsr engine making 305whp and being so much fun on the street.

All good ideas guys. I agree, some of these people can be a little imature. I was hoping I can do 300 stock and later buy the upgraded internals. Would you recommend AEM or Greddy e-manage. I'm really thinking more AEM even though it's real expensive.

Back