1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo questions!

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by turbog2, Dec 28, 2002.

1. turbog2

turbog2 Junior Member

I just got a 1990 integra turbo and the car did not come with a boost controller. I took it out today and was only hitting 8psi when I wanna be hitting about 15psi. I have a delta wastegate and greddy type r bov. I wanna know if i have to do anything to the bov when I up the boost. The Bov has the hard--soft setting on it. Also, if i wanna turn up the boost but dont have a controller what do I do to the wastegate. I am a newbie so i will probably be asking lots of questions. thanx

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

before you do anytyhing, get rid of that deltagate piece of shit. it's the #1 cause of blow motors. replace with a tial 35mm.

for the BOV, you need to tune it- based on how high you are boosting... its hard to explain over the net-- its based on the release sound. you want a good pshhh sound, not too weak- not all crazy either...

w/o a boost controlerr, the boost setting will be at the wastegate set spring. to up it or down it, you need to change the spring to a different setting.
    to up it, you need a boost controller. you CANNOT go lower than the spring setting, even with a boost controller.

and after all is said and done- are you SURE your motor can handel 15 psi? what turbo is it? how is the motor built? fuel management?

3. turbog2

turbog2 Junior Member

Please make any suggestions you would about this setup. I will be getting rid of the deltagate. I also think im gonna get a big ass fuel pump and a fuel cell.

1997 LS BLOCK AND HEAD. MOROSO OIL PAN, KNIFE EDGED AND MICRO POLISHED CRANK, CROWER RODS, JE PISTONS & RINGS, CUSTOM SLEEVED AND PINNED BLOCK, PORTED HEAD, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, ALL TITANIUM VALVE TRAIN, CUSTOM SPEC WEB CAMS, Z SPEED CAM GEARS, CHROME VALVE COVER. PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, T/B. 550 CC R/C INJECTORS, CUSTOM FUEL RAIL, SDS FUEL SYSTEM, 6BTM MSD WITH TIMMING COMPUTER, BLASTER COIL, MSD WIRES 10MM, IRIDUIM PLUGS (IK28'S), COPPER HEAD GASKET, FLUIDYDE RADIATOR.

TURBO SYSTEM: T04 TURBONETICS (NON BALL BEARING) P TRIM WHEEL, 2.5 INCH INTERCOOLER PIPING, SPEARCO DUAL CORE FRONT MOUNT INTERSOOLER, DELTA WASTEGATE, , CUSTOM EQUAL LENGHT HEADER, TYPE R B.O.V

4. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

damn son, sounds to me lik u could handle 15 psi without much of a problem, i got a question for ya tho, i hav a 90 teg and i am looking to turbocharge it with the kit that is in blue print below....i wanted to kno what kind of power ur makin, and if u hav takin it to the track yet, if so what r ur et's?

5. turbog2

turbog2 Junior Member

I dont have any recent times or dyno #'s yet. Hopefully I will be getting it dynoed soon. The car has run a 12.0 @121 on 13psi. Once i get more fuel I will up the boost. The car is pretty much stripped except it still has the stock dash in it and the carpet is still in it.

6. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

sounds lik a nice set up man, im hopin to hav a low 13 sec daily driving car, wen im done.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted