Turbo regulations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

i asked about a 300hp LS, but im scraping that idea.. i just want to get into the 13s or maybe even high 12s... any setups that someone would recommend? also, i would like it to be smog legal. :D.. cuz im confused about california's smog regulations.. ive heard no JDM swaps are smog legal and what kind of company makes external wastegates that are smog compliant? if not, then ill just get a nitrous kit and stay in the 14s and when it comes time to smog, just take it off.. thanks in advance..

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Dec 30 2002, 03:47 PM
i asked about a 300hp LS, but im scraping that idea.. i just want to get into the 13s or maybe even high 12s... any setups that someone would recommend? also, i would like it to be smog legal. :D.. cuz im confused about california's smog regulations.. ive heard no JDM swaps are smog legal and what kind of company makes external wastegates that are smog compliant? if not, then ill just get a nitrous kit and stay in the 14s and when it comes time to smog, just take it off.. thanks in advance..

GReddy makes an all 50 states legal turbo kit. If your wanting legal power, there you go. Get a nice 50 state legal cat-back (also noise compliant). Fuck, other then that, i dont know. I dont live in cali, infact, where i live, they dont have that smog,emissions bullshit.

i was thinking about GReddy, but then its for 96-00 and i have a 92 LS..will it bolt on also with minor fabrication or cutting?.. anyway, thats what i get from living in california.

I belive that the wastegate on the GReedy is an internal one(allows the exhaust to bypass the turbine from inside the turbo) I know that their is a way to do it but I don't know how. I do know that if an engine swap is done then the year of the engine has to be newer than the car itself and that a JDM swap has to have all the papers. I'm not sure but if the engine came as a obd2 then the computer is supposed to be the same, no obd2 to obd1 conversions.

Back