Turbo Selection Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mtegra

Ok, I've searched on several sites and looked over the whole FI section, but still would like some help from people with experience. I think you guys know the most overall then any other forum so it goes here B). (and your smilies are cleary better :p )

Here it goes, I want a turbo that will spool up at around 4000-44ish rmps, so I can still keep a decent daily driver going and stay out of boost when I want to. Im going to be running an InlinePRO mani with probly 3 inch downpipe and full 3 inch exhaust. The engine itself will have Weisco 9:1 Pistons with either Eagle or IB spec rods, the rest will be left as if for now. I was thinking of getting a "Big" T3/T4, but I dont know if that would be the right choice. Any input/advice would be cool :D .

Thanks.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Aug 14 2004, 07:56 PM
What kind of power are you wanting to make?
[post=376942]Quoted post[/post]​

Around 230whp...this is on an LS motor, if I didnt mention that.

get a stage 1 full race turbo setup or even stage 2 then just regulate the boost. somewhere between 8-10lbs should get you where you want to be. The way your making it sound is that you want some lag so you wont always be boosting while driving.

both of those turbos will be making boost at 4400 unless you are at like 5% throttle.

hell, just going up hills in 4th gear at 4k on my t67, im at 3-4 pounds just giving it enough throttle to keep pace.... like 25% ish.

its all about load.

load is an effect of your throttle.

you can be at 7500 rpms, at half throttle, and STILL be in vacuum.

most people, when they say they hit boost at XXXX rpm are referrign to their max boost, say 10 pounds.

so, if you don't want 10 pounds at 4400, lay off the gas, downshift and give it less gas, or just learn to enjoy boost and drive on it. :) vacuum is no fun.

That said, if 230 is your max goal, going to a big t3/t4 is so not the way to do it.
greddy kits with 18g's make those numbers on 10 pounds on stock ls motors.

getting a fullrace kit to make 230 whp is like buying a top fuel drag car to go to the grocery store. its overkill and then some. If your budget can swing 5 grand, go for it... its hot shit. but, remember, their kits come with no fuel stuff at all, so take that on to the price as well... and a bosot controller, a dump tube for the waste gate is extra... and so forth.

Assuming you want to keep the stock ecu, and not run a 3 bar, you're going to top out at 10.65 psi before you start throwing map codes due to its 1.8bar oem honda map sensor's limitation to read more than .8 bar + 1 bar of atmospheric pressure at sealevel. if you live up high, you're area to boost in gets lower every 1000 feet up you go.

so, the goal for you would be to make the 230 under 10 psi of boost.

With that, i'd recommend a t3/to4B .57/.63
yes, B. E covers are too big for what you need/want.

it will keep you in vacuum a litle better than a 18g would, is a stadard t3 flange so you can use the inline pro mani, there are TONS of them around so they can be had cheap (a lot of drag III kits came with these) if you want used, and it will easily support 300 whp if you want to go a little more down the road.

FYI- precisions's website is http://precisionte.com
and IMO are over-rated.

wowza, thanks for the replys dudes, especially pissedoffsol :thumbsup:

Back