Turbo selection Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MadTRacer

Going to do a custom Turbo kit for my EK hatch. Been tossing theideal of which turbocharger to use. So many options IHI, Comp, Garrett,Precision, Turbonetics, Borgwarner. I don’t want to spend a lot of money theturbocharger, however I do want to go with ball bearing. I would prefer CeramicBall Bearings. Would also like to do a billet compressor wheel.

A good friend just turbocharged his vehicle with one ofthese kPa Turbochargers. He went with the 2863 and its spools instantly andmakes great hp. He has around 5000 miles on it and its been perfect. It alsocame with warranty and stainless gaskets. He paid around $800. Though that wasa good deal for ceramic ball bearing with billet compressor wheel. I also have alot of friends that have done the Precision and Garretts that work good too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-Turbo-T3-T25-48mm-Wheel-Dual-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-rated-400hp-4828-/130838462833?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e76948171&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/kPa-Turbos-2863-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-Turbocharger-Billet-Compressor-Wheel-Gt28-/290855847516?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b85c065c&vxp=mtr

Any input would be great before I drop $ on my purchase.

Assuming this isn't spam... welcome to the site.

1. What are you going to use the car for (power curve desired)?
2. How much power do you want to make (internal engine setup and $)?

Ball bearing and billet wheels are nice, but not necessarily something to check the box on if you're on a budget- there are a lot of good turbos that will do what you want without all the expensive options.

The bogwarners are definitely the market leader right now, but they are pricey. full-race.com has a full line of them available ot choose from.

what size really depends on what motor you have, how built it is, and how crazy your wallet and mind want you to go.

Back